Select to view content in your preferred language

Use a submitted form to pre-fill a second form

04-23-2024 06:44 AM
JacobHaynes
New Contributor

I'm working on digitizing a workflow where an office worker receives customer information and then sends this information to a field worker who investigates the report. With Survey123, we've built forms to collect the information, but need a way to essentially start a form in the office and then send to a mobile worker, or use the information on a customer report form to pre-fill the customer info on the follow on form.

Assuming this can be done, what's the best way to approach it? I've briefly looked into URL parameters (Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Web form URL parameters) and webhooks, but not sure how to automate this so that it is pulling info from the submitted form. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

The best and easiest way is by using the Inbox feature. The biggest drawback of this is that it is expensive since it require every user to have an account. If you have that environment, go for it.

If you don't have accounts for all users, you will need to use a different method. Given your workflow, URL parameters would be best. You can also assign projects via Workforce/Field Maps, users can then launch from a link in Field Maps into S123. Or, you could go simple and have an email sent out to field workers with a URL that they click.

I will add a word of warning to Outlook S123 URLs though. Microsoft has a ridiculous "feature" where Outlook trims out the second double slash from URLs automatically. There IS a registry fix you can apply to stop that behaviour, but not sure how that Outlook "feature" works with automation software. Edit: for those that have encountered this "feature", here is the fix.