Select to view content in your preferred language

URL within Survey123 works within Connect/Mobile but breaks when published to Survey123 web

01-12-2024 01:48 AM
EdHixson
Occasional Contributor

Hi all

I recently finished a survey that is to be used on the web and embedded within experience builder.

This survey has two URL's within it, one simple set up as below

<a href="URL">Link to Legal Reference Document to check codes</a>

and then one that pulls a URL from a document based on a chosen field which then allows the user to click the URL

'<a href="${LinkNoteArch}">Link to Legal Reference</a>

which is calculates and pulls from an attached CSV with the text below

pulldata('Legal_Reference_List_C','Link','name',${SelectLegalReferenceArch})

When using on desktop there is no issues with either of these URLs but when published only the second URL has an issue, and equally looks like this

EdHixson_0-1705052733238.png

Not quite sure what is causing this or why the "> is appearing either

When this URL is clicked within the web it takes you here as instead of where the URL is pointing out when used within the desktop version

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/version/v3.17/

Any advice would be appreciated

4 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

The web app is much less forgiving with syntax than the desktop/field app. I have much better success creating dynamic hyperlinks for the web app by splitting it up into multiple fields, and then concatenating them together to create the link. You can set the bind::esri:fieldType to null for these extra fields to null so they are not recorded in your data. 

JenniferAcunto_0-1705067486092.png

- Jen
0 Kudos
EdHixson
Occasional Contributor

Hi there

Thanks for the help, when I did this I gave me a message saying that it was a QRC link and I couldnt quite figure out why.

Did you experience this ?

ATB

-Ed

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

No. I would make all of your extra fields visible for now so you can see exactly what is being populated. Look for any funny business going on with your dynamic links. 

- Jen
EdHixson
Occasional Contributor

Hi there

I had chance to check this morning, it seems to build it all up fine

EdHixson_0-1705310386648.png

But still getting the error saying "you will need a new app to open this QRC link"

I have set it up so there is two URL being produced, one via your concat method and one via my orignal method (which works on desktop but not browser)

The broken link in browser still works fine when clicked within desktop. Both of the links are produced by " '<a href="${LinkNoteArch}">Link to Legal Reference</a> " but only the concat one has the QRC error message

Thank you for the help so far

-Ed

0 Kudos