Upload Documents to Alternate Site

01-10-2024 02:02 PM
JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

We are creating a form that allows users to upload documents as part of the submission process. By default, this form gets uploaded to ArcGIS Online. Is there a away to have this form uploaded to a different site such as Sharepoint or OneDrive?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes. But you need to use process automate such as Power Automate.

JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

Ok, nice! Is there any documentation that you have on hand that you could share?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor
  1. Are you using AGO or Enterprise?
    1. AGO, you can skip this step
    2. Enterprise, you first need to create a Custom Power Automate Connector. Follow this guide from Esri. The screen caps are a little out of date, but all the steps are the same so this works beautifully. Be aware that if you generate Feature Reports using this connector, you need to refresh the connectors credentials every two weeks (I do mine every Monday). It's not hard -- takes about 10 seconds from opening web browser to completing task.
  2. There are a few different resources kicking around. And what you are looking to do could end up looking slightly different from someone else doing the same task.
    1. Here is generating a Feature Report and uploading to One Drive.

For reference, I have all of my flows split into (at least) two parts. Part 1 dumps raw data into an SP list as fast as possible. Step 2 involves all the complicated tasks. That way, if there are any errors at any point in the process, the flow will attempt to self-correct. I recommend this as sometimes, things like to fail for "no apparent reason". It's not common, but sometimes SP for instance returns an error, the flows tries again, and everything is fine. I was hoping to put together a guide for this set-up someday so I could just refer people there.

0 Kudos