Update Feature once survey completed

Jump to solution
03-21-2022 09:35 AM
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

is it possible to update a feature in a feature service once a survey has been completed

the sort of use case would be:

• select polygon in webapp and click complete survey link
  • this opens up the survey in survey123 and pre-populates the key that is the polygons objectid / globalid
  • the survey is completed and then that status field on the polygon is updated to survey completed etc

i guess i could create a notebook script that runs once a day to do it but is there something similar to a webhook.

Stu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @StuartMoore

This can be accomplished using a webhook, depending on your webhook provider you would use the HTTP module to send an applyEdits request to the REST endpoint for the polygon feature service. In the webhook you will have all the information from the survey that was submitted to use in the request.   

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @StuartMoore

This can be accomplished using a webhook, depending on your webhook provider you would use the HTTP module to send an applyEdits request to the REST endpoint for the polygon feature service. In the webhook you will have all the information from the survey that was submitted to use in the request.   

Thank you,
Zach
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

thanks @ZacharySutherby i'll have a look into it, i have used the REST endpoints before its just getting that link i guess.

Stu

0 Kudos