Unknown Error Preventing Survey Submission

05-16-2022 03:11 PM
Ethan_A
New Contributor

Hey everyone. I'm using a survey form that can be completed by multiple technicians offline, by accessing it in their inbox and completing it on a mobile device. The survey version is 3.14.255

The form itself has been set to allow them to sync as they are submitted, until the project status is marked complete. It utilizes numerous repeats and allows for many photographs to be taken and submitted. I would note that the survey is set to allow unrestricted sizes related to submitted photos.

Three of the technicians successfully submitted their surveys yesterday. When I attempted to submit the survey today on my iPhone 11 it would fetch the service layer and then begin the process of transferring the data. It begins by uploading the attachments, but when it gets to number 35 of 272, it produces an error saying that 1 survey—this survey—could not be submitted. When I select the red exclamation point to determine the error:

“The survey could not be sent due to the following error: Unknown error.”

I have tried sending the survey on WiFi and on cellular, closed out of the app, and restarted my mobile device. I have encountered the error every time I have tried to submit. I am not certain what could be the issue, but appreciate any insight you might be able to provide.

Tags (2)
6 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Ethan

I would propose that you enable and log diagnostics and have a look at the error log to see if you an see any additional issues that could indicate the core problem.

0 Kudos
Ethan_A
New Contributor

Thanks Deon. I tried submitting the survey again and pulled an error log after that. I don’t really know how to read it, so if you could direct me to a resource that helps me know what to look for that would be great. 

0 Kudos
HayleyCoburn
New Contributor

Did you ever get a fix for this? We are running into a similar issue.

Client has tried logging in/out, taking out the picture, and made sure the app/survey are up to date and has been submitting on data rather then wifi as per usual with their workflow and has now started having this error.

HayleyCoburn_0-1655764415358.jpeg

0 Kudos
daretsang
New Contributor

I am running into this same issue as well

UltrafastAdmin
New Contributor

@Ethan_A Hi Ethan, did you ever sort this one out? I am having similar issues with our field techs struggling to send the responses through.

Image.jpeg

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Ditto....user has cellular connectivity and the survey is fully filled out yet gives this error:

ahargreaves_FW_0-1697211833567.png

0 Kudos