Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to upload report template

05-23-2024 05:39 AM
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I built a survey in Connect 3.19 and published it to an existing feature service that lives in my SQL Server EGDB and is published (by a user with edit privileges to the database) to my Portal. 

I am trying to upload a report template for the survey and keep getting an error. I get the error whether I use Esri's default template or one that I have modified. I'm uploading it with an admin account which I also created the survey with. 

The error is "Error: An error occurred when querying data from the feature layer. 400: Unable to complete operation. Query with count request failed." Screenshot attached.

Ideas?? Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I know Survey123 won't allow you to upload a report template to a survey that has no data in it, that was my first thought. But since it's on an existing feature layer I'm not sure. Have you submitted anything through the Survey123 form yet to see if it works? And then maybe try the template again if it does?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I would refresh the page and try again. When you re-publish from Connect and overwrite the database, you get errors when trying to upload a Report Template (assuming you already had the page open with old data) since the underlying Feature Layer has changed (Usually the error is different than what is shown in that screen cap, but always a good place to start).

After page reload, try again. If the error persists, there may be something wrong with the template. We would need to look at the template though (and also the XLSX) to evaluate if anything is wrong there.

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

This has been happening over the past week so it's been refreshed a lot. Originally I thought maybe something was wrong with the template, so I uploaded the Esri-generated template sample. That one fails too, so I think there is something outside of the template that is failing. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Oh, the auto-generated one also fails?

Please try uploading a blank word document. Does that also fail?

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Yep there's a bunch of data in it. 

0 Kudos