Unable to Edit values in Submitted Survey

Jump to solution
04-23-2020 08:44 AM
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

I have a Survey123 field survey which has been used to submit field surveys to a feature layer hosted on AGOL.

In one of the fields which is a list look-up, but which can also be populated from a CSV file in the Media folder... I have a few records which I'd like to change the value of.

I presume the records I want to change have been populated from the CSV (for an existing asset), as they don't match the items in the list I have for surveys of 'new' assets.

The problem is no matter how I try I can't change any of the values in this field..

- tried Survey123 site - data tab

- tried item view in AGOL and double-click on the rown in table.  appears to work but reverts to original value.

- tried adding the feature layer to a webmap.  Pop-up has edit option.. I can change the value, but no option to save.

- tried adding the feature layer to ArcMap desktop.  layer is non-editable?

Any ideas appreciated.

Malcolm

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

Problem now fixed. Caused by <Null> values in some of the String fileds that were surveyed.  See weblink below for detail.

Error: Accessing data failed 

It would be helpful if AGOL had taken me directly to this page, rather than just displaying a 'Data Error' message.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Malcolm,

Are you the owner/author of the survey? How was the survey created, with Connect of the web designer? Also what version was used?

How were the surveys collected you are trying to edit, via field app or web app and what version?

Are the fields you want to edit inside a repeat (related table)? Are you able to share the xlsx file?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

Hi Philip,

Yes, I'm the owner of the survey.

Survey was authored using Survey123 Connect v3.7.62

The Surveys were collected by one of my colleagues who used Survey123 app on an Android device. Not sure of the version, but surveys commenced in February 2020, so version on device should be whatever was current at that time.

The fields aren't inside a repeat.

See attached for the xlsx and CSV file in the media folder.

Malcolm

0 Kudos
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

Problem now fixed. Caused by <Null> values in some of the String fileds that were surveyed.  See weblink below for detail.

Error: Accessing data failed 

It would be helpful if AGOL had taken me directly to this page, rather than just displaying a 'Data Error' message.