Trouble using camera image field when using inbox.

Jump to solution
05-28-2021 01:54 PM
FrankDay
New Contributor III

I created a survey based on an ArcGis Online future layer.  When I test the form before activating the inbox, everything is great.  The camera and folder icon show up on the survey.  Once I activate the inbox, the camera disappears.  If I tap on the collect button instead of the inbox button on my survey, the camera button is there.  How do I use the camera to take pictures while using the inbox?    

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @FrankDay ,

The image question is not yet supported via the Inbox. If you want to add images in the Inbox, you need to use a repeat (related table). You can use the image question for a new survey and a repeat for a survey opened via the Inbox or use a repeat for all images.

If you use an image question for a new survey and want it to be required, and you also want to use the Inbox, there is some information here that will let you do that; Using a Required Image Question and Inbox - Form Settings.

There are circumstances where the Image question with the camera appears in the Inbox and you can take a photo and see the resulting thumbnail in the survey form. When you submit this record the submission dialogue will tell you it is sending the image, though it never gets attached to the hosted feature. I have tested this and the image is never actually captured with the record. See also this thread; Image-field-not-showing-photo-folder-buttons, where this behavior is identified as a bug.

The ability to capture an image with the Image question via the Inbox is a work in progress by the development team and may become a reality by YE 2021 or early 2022. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Jamie.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @FrankDay ,

The image question is not yet supported via the Inbox. If you want to add images in the Inbox, you need to use a repeat (related table). You can use the image question for a new survey and a repeat for a survey opened via the Inbox or use a repeat for all images.

If you use an image question for a new survey and want it to be required, and you also want to use the Inbox, there is some information here that will let you do that; Using a Required Image Question and Inbox - Form Settings.

There are circumstances where the Image question with the camera appears in the Inbox and you can take a photo and see the resulting thumbnail in the survey form. When you submit this record the submission dialogue will tell you it is sending the image, though it never gets attached to the hosted feature. I have tested this and the image is never actually captured with the record. See also this thread; Image-field-not-showing-photo-folder-buttons, where this behavior is identified as a bug.

The ability to capture an image with the Image question via the Inbox is a work in progress by the development team and may become a reality by YE 2021 or early 2022. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Jamie.

0 Kudos
FrankDay
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply.  I will work around the issue.  

0 Kudos