Table-list column width adjustment

06-23-2022 10:33 AM
StefanieWenker
Occasional Contributor

Similar issue to this question: Tabls-list column appearance - Esri Community.  except my users are accessing the survey on a mobile device, so changing the width as suggested in that question doesn't work for me.

I am using the table-list for a set of Yes/No questions, but my questions are relatively long and currently the table-list shows up as 3 columns of equal width but the Yes/No doesn't require nearly as much space as the questions need.

I have tried the compact appearance and it does not make a difference, is there anything else I can try?

3 Replies
TysonCowley
New Contributor

Hey Stefanie, 

I have the same issue as seen in the attached photo and hoping to get a resolution as well. 

The only work around I have found is changing the style to a Dynamic grid, updating the appearance to Field-list and configuring the width of the column (see example). While this works, it has several drawbacks with the most critical being an additional field is required for each question.

I'm hoping there is a better way to format the width of a Table-list as that would be our preferred method as well. 

0 Kudos
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Stefanie and Tyson

I have discovered a workaround for this issue.

If you replace the spaces in your question with   (html no break spaces) then in the web it wont break at every second word.

Does&nbsp;the&nbsp;data/information&nbsp;provided<br>relate&nbsp;to&nbsp;the&nbsp;geological&nbsp;mapping&nbsp;field?

You do have to at least give it some manual breaks though 🙂

Hope that helps, even though its a year later...

0 Kudos
TysonCowley
New Contributor

Hi Deon, 

Thanks for the reply. I've tried the work around but it doesn't adjust the column spacing when designing the form in Survey 123 Connect (advanced template). The spacing of the select_one options are fixed to a set width (See screenshots).

Any other work arounds to try?

0 Kudos