Select to view content in your preferred language

Surveys made in XLS-form to be consumed in web browser

09-24-2019 06:49 AM
MadeleneSonesson
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am making a survey in Survey123 Connect which I want the end user to consume in a web browser. It is a quite simple survey, but I need the functionality from the XLS-form in relation to building it in the web app. The problem I have is that when opening the published survey in a web browser it loses a lot of basic functionality. For example I can not collapse groups, they are always expanded with just the group name as a title. Furthermore some of the questions that has relevant expressions does not appear even though the criteria is met. The repeat formula does not work as expected either, since the questions are all lined up as for example three identical questions following eachother instead of them appearing one by one as you answer the question.

Is there any known discrepancy between building a survey in Connect and then consuming it in a web browser? How can I work around my problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Madelene,

Yes, that is correct. Not all functionality available in Survey123 Connect and the field app is available in the web app. Whilst we try to ensure all new features and added functionality is supported in both and are continually working to add more support, there are some more complex XLSform features and expressions related to groups, repeats, calculations, relevance etc that will not work as expected in the web app due to current known limitations.

The Survey123 documentation does have many of these known limitations and notes regarding which certain question types, appearances, functionality are supported in either field app or web app.

In the mean time you will need to design your survey form in Connect with this in mind if you plan to use it in the web app.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos