Survey123Connect creating unwanted repeat count field preventing publishing

Jump to solution
07-21-2021 09:15 AM
Mark_Johnson
New Contributor III

I'm creating a survey in Survey123Connect from an existing Enterprise feature service. When I try to publish the survey I get: "The custom feature service submission_url is not compatible with this survey. Fields not found in the feature service: 1". The log file indicates it's looking for a field called SidewalksInspectionsDefectsJoints_count that I didn't define anywhere.

In my form, the user fills in a number for a field called "joints" which is then used by the subsequent repeat to automatically create the required number of repeats - configured by putting ${joints} in the repeat_count column for the repeat. If I leave repeat_count blank, then SidewalksInspectionsDefectsJoints_count disappears from the schema.

Is there a way to pre-populate the repeat count without Connect wanting to add this field, or some other workaround?

If I had to add a matching field in my geodatabase, wouldn't it violate the name length must be less than 32 characters limit for Enterprise? (To be clear, I'm NOT hosting 123 on premise, I'm using the Enterprise login to the 123 website, the data is in an Enterprise geodatabase published through my Portal)

Log:

<15>1 2021-07-21T14:51:00Z xxxxx ArcGISSurvey123Connect 7692 - [AppStudio@11205 category="qml" function="onChecked" filename="PublishServiceCheck.qml" line="64"] qml: Check result: {
  "compatible": false,
  "reason": "Fields not found in the feature service: 1",
  "newFields": [
    null,
    {
      "layerUrl": "https://gis.xxxxx.org/server/rest/services/SidewalksInspectionsSurvey123/FeatureServer/1",
      "layerId": 1,
      "layerName": "SidewalksDefects",
      "fields": [
        {
          "name": "SidewalksInspectionsDefectsJoints_count",
          "alias": "SidewalksInspectionsDefectsJoints_count",
          "type": "esriFieldTypeString",
          "length": 255,
          "editable": true,
          "nullable": true,
          "visible": true,
          "domain": null
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Mark_Johnson,

Repeat count works by adding an additional field to the feature layer to store the repeat count value. Therefore this field is required if you want to use repeat count. You will need to add it to your database, and ensure the max field length fits the field name, meaning you may need to adjust the field it is based on.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Mark_Johnson,

Repeat count works by adding an additional field to the feature layer to store the repeat count value. Therefore this field is required if you want to use repeat count. You will need to add it to your database, and ensure the max field length fits the field name, meaning you may need to adjust the field it is based on.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Tiff-Maps
New Contributor III

Hello, Phil! I am having this same issue and wondering if you can help address it. I have an existing field intended to act as a "count" per record so default value is 1. However, if I add ${field_name} to the repeat_count parameter, it is still saying field not found. Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly?

0 Kudos