Survey123 webform can't create Hyperlink from my "a href=" tag

04-28-2020 11:41 AM
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to edit past data by using hyper link to the form using an ID. And I'm pulling Global ID using pulldata() from feature service in AGOL. Then using the Global ID to create a hyperlink to the past data for editing.

I have several problems I need to solve.

1. Global ID doesn't work in the hyperlink for edit. Object ID works. I found the v3.9 supports Global ID, is this mean the Survey123 web I'm using is not v3.9? How may I upgrade Survey123 web to v3.9? The newer version won't support Object ID, so I would like to use the long term support ID to pull data.

2. Hyperlink doesn't work in the webform. <a href="URL">text<a/> generate hyperlink in connect, but not in webform

I made the hard copy of the hyperlink (second note), and it works on both connect and webform, but the one I made using concat - $(OpenForm) doesn't work in the webform.

In the image, the URL is not complete (no object ID) but even I get the object ID, the link is just a text, so I can't click. But in the connect, it becomes a hyperlink, so I can click it to jump to the form with the data.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Yuko, 

To determine what version of the ArcGIS Survey123 Web App you are using you can navigate to the Settings tab for the Survey. Under version, it will tell you what version you are using and allow the option to use the latest version. 

As for the behavior observed I see the same behavior when testing on my end. In researching, I found this GeoNet post by James that discusses a similar workflow but for linking to the ArcGIS Survey123 Field App. I will continue researching and testing to see if there is a workflow to link to the Web App. 

Thank you,

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Hello Zach,

Thank you for your reply.

I thought I changed the setting, but I might have done it wrong timing. I'll test it today.

And for the hyperlink, I played with the ' and ", and nothing works. The hard copy hyperlink is for that purpose. I switched ' and " and it actually both work. To create the hyperlink using concat, I had to use " for the <a ref> tag. Since the link is working in connect, I don't think the issue is the <a ref> tag. It's something with the webform. 

I forgot to ask one question. This may be related to the objectID & globalID. When I open the form with the ID, the past data form shows up in edit mode. However, I can't submit the change. I changed the numbers in the survey, and hit the submit button, nothing happened. I checked the data and no change. 

My company usually uses Survey123 field app, but for this one, we are trying to develop the survey using your COVID-19 GIS Resources, and because not all the managers are tech-savvy so we decided to use the webform. And they want to fix the survey when they made a mistake, so I need to add this survey editing function to the form ASAP.

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

One more question! When I open the form using the link (hardcopy one), I get this error

If I click X on the right top corner, it'll be gone.

I saw a question similar to this, and it was because there were empty records in the data. It's related to the pulldata(), right? and the feature I'm pulling data from is the feature for the form, and there are no empty records (there are empty cells when users don't answer the question). This may be the cause of not able to submit the edited form?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Yuko,

It looks like your form use the pulldata('@javascript') beta functionality - that is not supported in the web yet and is causing the error.

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. So the pulldata(Javascript) is not supported yet... too bad, we can't use the editing form link.

Also, do you know anything about the Hyperlink issue? Since the hyperlink to edit mode form only works with globalID and I can't pull the data, so I can't use it for now. But we might need to create a hyperlink to somewhere else. I need to know if a web form can do it or not.

Thanks,

Yuko

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Hi Zach,

Do you have an update on this problem?

I confirmed the GlobalID is working on the web form now.

I also found that I can't submit data even if it's not editing. When I removed the pulldata() part, I was able to submit data.

I would like to know how I can fix the error related to the pulldata() as soon as possible. Should I submit a ticket?

0 Kudos