Survey123 web form not recognizing pulldata CSV?

Jump to solution
12-17-2019 05:05 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello! I created a survey in Survey123 Connect and one of the calculations uses the concat and pulldata functions to pre-populate the geopoint question from a CSV file in the media folder. In both connect and the Survey123 app, the results work flawlessly.

However, we plan to use this survey through the web form and whenever I try to load it, I receive the following error:

FormLogicError: instance 'property' (the CSV file) does not exist in model

I'm not entirely sure where the error is since we duplicated this method from a working Survey123 item. For that one, both the web form and the Survey123 app work without a hitch.

I've attached the files for the survey in question if anyone has suggestions for what I may be missing? If its relevant, this survey is hosted through our organization's ArcGIS Portal and all content is shared publicly.

Link to Web Survey

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

He Lea,

The error that you are encountering is related to the method that you have used to construct the calculation of your geopoint question.  It is recommended to perform pulldata calculations for the latitude and longitude in individual calculate type questions, followed by concatenating the 2 values in a third calculate field which will be referenced by the geopoint question.  Please refer to the screenshot below...

This method allows the web app to load the survey without error.  You can find an example of this in the calculate Location from CSV Sample available in Survey123 Connect, and I have also included these changes, specific to your survey, below.

Best Regards,

Brandon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

He Lea,

The error that you are encountering is related to the method that you have used to construct the calculation of your geopoint question.  It is recommended to perform pulldata calculations for the latitude and longitude in individual calculate type questions, followed by concatenating the 2 values in a third calculate field which will be referenced by the geopoint question.  Please refer to the screenshot below...

This method allows the web app to load the survey without error.  You can find an example of this in the calculate Location from CSV Sample available in Survey123 Connect, and I have also included these changes, specific to your survey, below.

Best Regards,

Brandon

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Brandon! That fixed everything and the survey works flawlessly now in both the web form and app.