Survey123 v3.14, blank surveys in iOS, Windows

Jump to solution
03-08-2022 11:34 AM
MapperJim
New Contributor II

A field user upgraded to Survey123 v3.14. Now, numerous fields no longer display. Upgraded my Windows version to v3.14, same thing happened. It is impacting Windows, iOS (iPad and iPhone). Two images attached - first from S123 v3.12 with all the correct fields displayed. (Sorry for the redaction.) 

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

 The same record using S123 v3.14.

MapperJim_0-1646767510889.png

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MapperJim
New Contributor II

I was advised to sign-out / in and that cleared it up. UGH!

Thanks for reaching out.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MapperJim,

Can you please provide further details and the workflow being used? Are you using the Inbox to load existing records, or do you use URL parameters to launch from another app?

Also do those fields contain relevant expressions or calculations that changes the values based on other values in the survey?

Are you able to share the XLSForm (xlsx file and media folder files)?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MapperJim
New Contributor II

The exiting records populate the surveys, which go to inboxes.

None of these fields are conditionally relevant. 

I'd prefer to send the XLS to you directly.

JP

0 Kudos
MapperJim
New Contributor II

I was advised to sign-out / in and that cleared it up. UGH!

Thanks for reaching out.

Galen_S_MnDOT
Occasional Contributor

Think I'm having a similar or identical problem to yours, but signing out and back in (even removing the local copy of the inspection and redownloading it after) didn't produce any improvement. 

This is what the field that's causing me problems looks like in all current versions of Survey123 (Windows, Android, iOS) for me:

MissingValueError.jpg
(there's supposed to be an already-selected value in a select-multiple question right below the 'Select Element for Inspection Text')

My agency's institutional rep initiated a ticket and now I'm waiting to here back from Esri support.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Galen_S_MnDOT,

Are you able to share your XLSForm (xlsx file and any media/scripts files)? 

How are you editing the existing data, via the Inbox or opening via URL parameter?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Galen_S_MnDOT
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the response, Philip!  We are editing all existing data via the Survey123 Inbox (which has worked previously).

I'm attaching the current version of the XLS Forms spreadsheet that corresponds to the active Survey123 form.  Last week I created and published a completely new duplicate of the same form (copying and pasting columns from the old Excel sheet to the new template one at a time), and can confirm that the duplicate version presents the exact same behavior as the existing form. 

This must mean that something newly added/updated in the Survey123 standalone app doesn't like how I have this question configured in the XLS Form, rather than a problem unique to the existing data in our AGOL feature service.  The question itself is on line 70 and utilizes a choice_filter expression that references three separate columns for each item in rows 99-132 on the Choices tab.

0 Kudos