Survey123 thumbnail doesn't download to mobile device

02-19-2018 04:28 PM
ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

When users download my Survey to a mobile device from AGOL, my custom thumbnail doesn't come down with it.  It's the default thumbnail instead.  I can see it in the Form in Survey123 Connect, and it is visible in AGOL also.  My coworker had this randomly happen with a different survey.  I've republished multiple times to no avail.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
LS1
by
New Contributor III

Any update on this?  I have iPhone. 1 survey that displays the thumbnail, 1 survey doesn't. Trying deleting app and re-installing, didn't work. Thought it had to do with storing .jpg or .png file as thumbnail. Should I be using one format or the other?

0 Kudos
ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

I've only republished once over the past year and didn't see it happen.  I was hoping it had been fixed, but I guess the stars were just aligned. 

0 Kudos
hassoalbert
New Contributor

When Survey123 thumbnails fail to download to a mobile device, it can disrupt the data collection process and hinder the efficiency of fieldwork. This issue may stem from various factors, including network connectivity issues, compatibility problems with the mobile device or operating system, or glitches within the Survey123 app itself. Resolving this issue requires troubleshooting thumbnail grabber steps such as ensuring a stable internet connection, updating the Survey123 app to the latest version, and checking for any restrictions or permissions that may prevent the download. Additionally, reaching out to technical support or consulting online forums for advice from other users experiencing similar issues can provide further insights and potential solutions. Addressing the problem promptly is crucial to ensure the seamless operation of Survey123 and maximize productivity in data collection efforts.

0 Kudos