Survey123 Table View Chrome Issue

02-19-2019 09:05 AM
EvanButterfield
New Contributor II

Hello, I've published a survey and collected data in Survey123. When using Chrome to access survey123.arcgis.com the map view zooms to the records location but the table has no data and I get the error message "An error occured while loading the page. Some features may not work".  I can however export the data. This is the case with all my surveys when using Chrome. I tried using Internet Explorer and everything seems to work normal. is there a bug using Chrome anddoes anyone know a fix for this.

Thank you!

18 Replies
EvanButterfield
New Contributor II

So... if you've read this and have the same issue it was as easy as clearing the browsing data in chrome (menu - more tools - clear browsing data). This became an issue beyond Survey123 and started affecting web apps and other ArcGIS Online features, after calling esri support clearing browsing data worked.

LoriCain
New Contributor II

I also have this issue.  I've cleared the browser history, cookies, cache, ect., in both Chrome and IE, and have restarted my computer a couple times.

Still receiving "An error occurred while loading the page. Some features may not work." when clicking on the Data tab. 

This happens in both Chrome and IE.

From the Data tab, I can export the data into an excel file and see it that way, but would really like to view the table on the Data tab, be able to click each individual row, and download each form report as needed.

Things that ran thru my mind:

Too many rows of data on the xlsForm; I have 1,055 rows.  Is there a limit??

pulldata() issue

extra geopoints [set to null, and using pulldata() for x,y]

somewhat complex relevant and/or calculation fields

etc, etc

So I removed all that, and published a very simple survey.  Same issue: "An error occurred...."

Analyze tab is populated and seems to work ok.

Any other ideas as to what I can try to resolve not being able to see the Data table? 

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lori,

When you see the error "An error occurred while loading the page. Some features may not work.", it means an error occurred when loading the feature table in the Data page. As Evan mentioned above, it could be a browser cache issue. However, seems you have got no luck after clearing the cache.

Would you mind trying to publish the same survey you mentioned in "and published a very simple survey.  Same issue: "An error occurred...."" on another computer to see if the issue still exists? If yes, it could be caused by the survey itself, if no, then it's not related to the survey itself and could still be caused by the browser's cache/AGO account settings...

0 Kudos
LoriCain
New Contributor II

I was able to publish another survey, and the Data tab seems works fine; shows the table, etc.

I still cannot see the Data table on the "more complex" survey, even after publishing it a few different times.

Is there a limit on the number of rows in the xlsForm? i.e. columns shown on the Data table?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lori, 

No, there's no known limitation on the number of columns or number of rows of for the table. If you can reproduce the issue by just republishing the specific survey, would you mind sharing the XLSForm file (.xlsx) with us to investigate? If possible, you can just send it to my email: zwang@esri.com 

0 Kudos
ThomasSpindler1
New Contributor III

Hello Zhifang,

I am having the same issue.  Same error regardless of browser or cleared cache.  I have republished many times too.  Completed surveys appear to be submitting and I can export just fine.  Any chance you can look at my survey as well?

0 Kudos
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

I am having the same problem. If the problem is with the survey as mentioned in the original post, what could the potential issue be?Zhifang Wang

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Thomas Spindler‌, Jevaughn Henry

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently, we are aware of this error in the following two cases:

1. The survey layer has too many fields so the query operation in the REST API fails to complete. Try to split the survey into multiple surveys or reduce the count of fields in the survey layer should fix this. Thanks Lori Cain‌ for this feedback.
  2. If the survey layer which related to the form item does not have "Query" capability, the feature table dijit in the Data page of the Survey123 website will raise such error.
    • This case often happens to a survey published from Survey123 Connect and the survey owner manually change settings in ArcGIS Online that leads to this result. Usually, you will see the following settings in the item page in ArcGIS Online which will lead to this case.

Both of them share a common background: you can reproduce the issue by adding the survey layer to the Map Viewer in ArcGIS Online and try to open the table there, the error message could be "Accessing data failed" or something else.

Please let us know if you encountered either of the above cases. Otherwise, we may need your help to work with Esri Support Service to identify other cases that are not on our radar.

Thanks,

Zhifang

DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Zhifang Wang‌ I am currently experiencing the same error when trying to access the Data tab of a survey: "An error occurred while loading the page. Some features may not work."

I have been through and checked for reserved words in the survey name and found one. I have since removed it and republished but the error still occurs. The settings for the layer are the same as you have shown in your screenshot. Until this is fixed, is there another way I can remove survey submissions? We have some test data in the dataset so I need to remove entire rows (submissions) but can't do this via the Survey123 website with this error.
I have also tested the error in Chrome and IE browsers and it is the same there.

Also, whilst trying to view the attribute table in Map Viewer I get: "Error: Accessing data failed"

Thanks,
Rob

0 Kudos