Survey123 Print in OPS Dashboard

Jump to solution
03-12-2021 06:48 AM
JovanaBurz
New Contributor III

Hello - I have an advanced Survey123 form that I created using Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS. I have also created an Operations Dashboard for the end-user to view and filter through the survey responses. The dashboard has different filtering added such as date range of created reports, as well as the ability to see the report through the Details widget. Is there a way to have the end-user  print the completed survey(s) in the specified template I have set up through Survey123 through Operations Dashboard without requesting report printouts through my department? Or would it be possible to have this ability within another product (experience builder, web appbuilder, etc) to print a completed survey in the template set in Survey123?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JovanaBurz

We have the featureReport REST API documented in our developer documentation. Using the Report API you can create a custom application that sends requests to the API and generate Reports. 

I have a little sample application in GitHub that can be embedded into an Operations Dashboard and used to create Reports directly within the Ops dash. Please feel free to take it and customize it to your needs. As of now I had to manually pass the token in through a URL parameter because using the ArcGIS API for JavaScript IdentityManager threw error messages when the app was embedded in Operations Dashboard. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JovanaBurz

We have the featureReport REST API documented in our developer documentation. Using the Report API you can create a custom application that sends requests to the API and generate Reports. 

I have a little sample application in GitHub that can be embedded into an Operations Dashboard and used to create Reports directly within the Ops dash. Please feel free to take it and customize it to your needs. As of now I had to manually pass the token in through a URL parameter because using the ArcGIS API for JavaScript IdentityManager threw error messages when the app was embedded in Operations Dashboard. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
JovanaBurz
New Contributor III

Thanks for the information @ZacharySutherby ! Do I need to have a developer license to enable this? 

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JovanaBurz

From the Survey123 featureReport REST API side of things a developer license isn't required any named user who is authorized to perform whatever task is requested can submit requests to the featureReport REST API. The biggest thing the featureReport REST API requires is a token from that user. In the sample app on GitHub I used a quick and dirty method of passing the token into the embedded URL. This isn't ideal because then that would require the token in the embedded URL to be updated every time it expires. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
MatthewRogers
New Contributor III

Hi @ZacharySutherby ,

Thank you for the tips on how to embed this widget. I am having an issue though when trying to use this application in Experience Builder as an embedded widget. I was wondering if you had any ideas on what I may be doing wrong. When I build it out, embed it, and click on the create report in my sample app it brings up the response as "undefined" as you can see in the attached photo.

I've made sure to put the item id and template id of the survey I am using. I think I may be getting hung up on the token input but not quite sure if that is the problem or not. 

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Matt 

0 Kudos
CherylWheeler11
New Contributor III

Hi Matt,

Can I ask whether you had any success with this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MatthewRogers
New Contributor III

Hi Cheryl,

I haven't had any success with the embedded widget. The best I have done is to embed the Survey123 website with the Data tab and use URL parameters to bring up the report option. I followed this thread to do it:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/generate-feature-report-directly-by-url-paramet...

Thanks and please share if you've had success in building out the widget in a dashboard. 

Matt