Survey123 - Pick a Specific Location

05-05-2020 03:49 PM
BrianBeard
New Contributor

I am using Survey123 with my high school students to collect public transit data. For a location, I am concerned with letting them use the map feature because we might end up with multiple locations for what is really just one transit station. 

If I have another layer that does have transit stop locations, can I get students to pick which transit location they are at in Survey123 or do I need to do something else (like a join feature) afterwards.

End goal is to create a Dashboard with data. I have access to AGOL.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Brian Beard‌,

You can do a search for a street address on the map which might get you more accurate data. You could also create a select one with the names of the stops and then run a join on your data with the points you have on the map.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

BrianBeard
New Contributor

Yeah, I was leaning towards doing the drop-down menu and then running a joint with the data. Do you know if joint data layers can update automatically for a dashboard? I would expect students to be collecting data over many days and times.

0 Kudos