Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 not sending data to Make (Integromat)

a month ago
lkline
by
New Contributor II

Note: I have also opened a ticket with Make but wanted to post here as well.

I have a scenario set up in Make that should be triggered by a survey being submitted to our Survey123 form. It listens for the submission, then sends an email to a designated group of contacts based on the answer to one of the questions. When it works, it works phenomenally! Recently, however, the scenario has failed to trigger, and it looks like Survey123 might not be sending data to Make. This happens somewhat sporadically (or at least not in any pattern I've figured out), though I will note that it appears to have increased in frequency after our agency made multifactor authentication (MFA) mandatory on June 26th. 

Make has attributed the issue to submissions coming from duplicate creators, but this doesn't hold up in earlier submissions (rows highlighted green triggered the Make scenario, rows highlighted red failed to trigger):

image (4).png

Has anyone dealt with and/or solved a similar problem? The automated email summaries have been fantastic in monitoring our field progress and troubleshooting, so we'd love to continue using it. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DuncanC
Occasional Contributor

It's on my list of things to look further into this week but what I think I know is the webhook you turn on from the Survey123 settings page is client side.  Which is bad.  It seems more general server side webhooks also exist which should be far more reliable.  But they don't give us any UI to work with them?  From what I found last week it seems like you had to talk to the REST API or use the python SDK or something along those lines.  I plan to poke at it with Python but haven't got there.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

If it works for the same users some of the time you can rule out survey updates. Sometimes this happens when a webhook is added after a survey has been downloaded, so the user needs to update the latest form.

Is the survey configured to fire webhooks on submission AND edit? These could be users editing via sent/inbox folders. Check the Survey123 website webhook settings. This might explain why Make is saying duplicate creation comments.

The MFA stuff... Not too likely if it works some of the time. I haven't seen MAKE/S123 have generic issues failing to fire when the submission is successful and there's no errors or outage on Make side. You might need to do web traffic capture, survey123 logs, talk to users about workflows to get more insight...

0 Kudos