Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123: New Problems on Unchanged Survey

04-10-2017 12:48 PM
deleted-user-wgzH2d-p_0_f
Deactivated User

Hello all!

I've created a survey in Survey123 that my field techs have been using successfully.  However, I've noticed today that there are some problems that are showing up; it's not affecting the "submit" capabilities, but it is affecting the data entered and related tables.  I haven't changed anything in the survey due to it being published and people are collecting data.

1) In my survey, I have a cell that totals the values from the three previous cells.  Up until today it's been working fine; now it won't sum my values correctly.  Example:

(total): 300

2) I have some nested tables in my survey that for the entries late last month, there is a link in the main table on ArcOnline (See attachment 1; This table doesn't show on survey123.arcgis.com).  For example, I have one cell that asks how many types of pesticides were used on a field.  If the user enters 1, a new set of questions appear.  If the user enters more than one, the new set of questions appear as does an arrow saying "1 of __."  Once you fill out the questions for the first pesticide, you click the arrow and then answer questions about the subsequent pesticides.  What used to happen is a link would appear in the main table (after the survey is submitted) that would bring you to a new table that would show the answers to the sets of questions that appear after you enter the main number.  Now, there is no link.  I can still access the related table (See attachment 2), but it doesn't show which field the questions are referring to.  

Any ideas on why there are issues if I haven't changed anything?

Thanks,

annina

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Annina,

Can you share the XLS file of the survey?  There hasn't been an update of the mobile application that would cause the math issue you are describing.  

On the data display issue, is the issue you are raising the lack on links to the repeats in the data table? 

0 Kudos
Deactivated User

James,

I attached the Excel file to the main question...

I created this new survey to replace the old, beta one and have been using it since 3/23/2017.  The math issue is hit and miss; multiple users are having the issue but not every time.

As for issue 2, the data table is only showing the number of repeats (that is, 4 pesticides were used), but doesn't link to the subsequent table that has all of the data (a group of questions for each of the pesticides used).

Here's what would be entered in the Survey:

How many pesticides were used?  4

1 of 4: 

Type: Pesticide A

Amount:  200 gal.

Timing: At planting

2 of 4:

Type: Pesticide B

Amount: 300 gal.

Timing: After flooding

3 of 4:

Type: Pesticide C

Amount: 200 gal.

4 of 4:

Type: Pesticide D

Amount: 200 gal.

Here's what the main data table would look like before the issue:

Number of Pesticides:                       pesticides_count:                          Relationship_pesticides:

4                                                         4                                                     (4) Show

I could click on "Show" and it would bring me to a subsequent table that looked like this:

GlobalID:               Type:                  Amount:               Timing:

123                         Pesticide A        200 gal.               At planting

456                         Pesticide B        300 gal.               After flooding

789                         Pesticide C        200 gal.               After flooding

023                         Pesticide D        200 gal.               After flooding

The table only showed the records that were associated with the main data table.

Now, here's what the main data table looks like:

Number of Pesticides:                       pesticides_count:                          Relationship_pesticides:

4                                                         4                                                     (0)

I can click on the layer drop-down box to find the subsequent table, but it lists all of the records for all of the records in the main table and doesn't say which record it's referring to.

That is, I would see the list below, but only 4 of these records are associated with the one record in the main table and I need to determine which ones.

GlobalID:               Type:                  Amount:               Timing:

123                         Pesticide A        200 gal.               At planting

456                         Pesticide B        300 gal.               After flooding

789                         Pesticide C        200 gal.               After flooding

023                         Pesticide D        200 gal.               After flooding

753                         Pesticide A        200 gal.               At planting

952                         Pesticide B        300 gal.               After flooding

963                         Pesticide C        200 gal.               After flooding

741                         Pesticide D        200 gal.               After flooding

Does that clarify things?

annina

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Annina,

In looking at your form, I don't see a question that is calculating 3 values; i see calculations for the following questions:

- other

- fieldarea

- difference

- managenonirrigate2015

Thanks for refining the issue on the table display - I've logged an issue too add the related records to the table.

0 Kudos
Deactivated User

James,

You're right.  And the reason why it's hit and miss is because of 0 values in the third field that's not being added...face palm.

Thanks for the help; keep me updated on the related tables.

annina

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Annina,

You can see the related tables/records on the Data page by:

1. Unchecking the "Show Individual Response" 

2. Clicking a record that has related records in the table

Deactivated User

Thank you, Zhifang!  That worked!

James, I'm still having issues in ArcGIS Online viewing this, but Survey123.arcgis.com works swimmingly.

0 Kudos