Survey123 Mobile App Truncating Number Fields?

04-23-2019 11:14 AM
KevinThompson
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I have been experiencing an issue when bringing in the coordinates from Collector into Survey123. Within the feature service the data is stored correctly. When I try and display the coordinates within a note or a decimal within survey123 the coordinates are truncated within the mobile app on a mobile device compared to viewing it on the mobile app installed on the computer. Any cause for this or a work around?

I have tried storing it as a string and performing calculations with the number

Thanks!!

Original Thread:

How to allow the entry of decimals in a Survey123 decimal field 

Faran Zafar

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

It sounds as though the problem is with the url that Collector is creating on the device is rounded to 2 decimal places. Can you confirm in Collector for those 2 fields in the pop-up that you see all the decimals? If not this coudl be the cause of the problem. Modify the pop-up in the webmap to include all the decimals, not just rounded to 2 places.

If you look at the url in your first screenshot above on Windows, the lat and lon variables have all the decimals, so this is what is passed into Survey123 and it shows correctly. My guess is that if you could see the url on the device that Collector generates, it is rounded in the url already from Collector.

Phil.

KevinThompson
New Contributor III

Good Morning Phil,

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this. I have checked the Webmap and the pop config was truncating the numbers! I assume I have reached another limitation as I can only have a maximum of 8 digits through the attribute config? As you can see below the coordinates have more than 8 decimal places

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Phil,

I am having this issue with any form while using a phone. On our web app survey form accessed via computer, it brings all 7 decimal points. We have configured all our pop-ups and ensured the tables and original feature layer has all the decimal points. Has anyone figured out how to keep the phone URL from truncating decimals. It's causing our points to be inaccurate.

Thanks!

Marisa

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Marisa,

Can you provide more information about the workflow? Are you using Collector or another app to launch the URL? Are you using the field app or web app to open the survey?

Can you provide what versions of the apps you are using, what devices and OS versions, and also the survey and URL link would be helpful?

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Phil,

Right now Marisa and I are pulling our coordinates from a hosted feature layer. In our web map, the popup from the established point contains a link to the survey (both the web app version and the mobile app) and carries over the name, address, and coordinates. When the survey is opened up on a computer, the coordinates carry over fully... all 6 decimals. When the survey is opened on a phone, android and iphone, only 3 decimals carry over in both the web app and the mobile app. The pop ups are also configured to allow up to 8 decimals but that doesn't seem to help.

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/27bece909fec485bbc86cb32941e5f8d?center={Y},{X}&field:X={X}&field:Y={Y}&field:facility_name={Agency}&field:address={Address}

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=27bece909fec485bbc86cb32941e5f8d&center={Y},{X}&field:X={X}&field:Y={Y}&field:facility_name={Agency}&field:address={Address}

Katie

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Katie,

What application are you opening the link on the phone with?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

We created a web map using AGOL with a feature service that had pop-ups where the user could select either the web survey or the app survey to prepopulate fields in a new feature service. When using the phone both link options shorten the coordinates to 3 decimal places regardless of it is the web form or the app. On a computer the web form correctly brings all decimal places without shortening coordinates.

Marisa

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marisa,

If you are using the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer on the phone, could you copy the hyperlink and paste it into a text document?  If so, does the link have expected values for lat/lon or truncated values?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Our Map: http://ocfl2.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=c5975cdf2143453b835312c39f3d3efb
When selecting Web Survey link - on computer: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/27bece909fec485bbc86cb32941e5f8d?center=28.550826,-81.447836&fiel...

When selecting app link - on computer: arcgis-survey123://?itemID=27bece909fec485bbc86cb32941e5f8d&center=28.550826,-81.447836&field:X=-81....

When selecting app link - on phone:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=27bece909fec485bbc86cb32941e5f8d&center=28.54,-81.375&field:X=-81.375&field:Y=28.54&field:facility_name=Administration%20Ctr%20ESF%20%2314%20%26%2019&field:address=201%20S%20Rosalind%20Ave.%20Orlando%2C%20FL%2032801

0 Kudos