Survey123 Limit Editing for users

Jump to solution
05-09-2018 08:44 AM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am working on a project. I have survey123 connect published.

Is there a way to limit editing for users on survey123 field app? such as inbox or sent? 

I am trying to limit their editing while using survey123 field app. So they can check their logs or records submitted for their day on survey123 field app. Please advise.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

You can create different access points to the layer with different privileges by creating a Feature Layer View - see this ArcGIS Blog on how to use views.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Alex,

The Inbox is an optional setting and does not need to implemented if you aren't editing existing features.  The Sent box can be disabled, though this will not let a user see the records they previously made.  It is possible to disable updates to a layer - see Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS for more information. 

AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

James,

I selected only 'add features'. I tested it on survey123 field app. It said Send Error code 400 when I tried to edit it and resend it. I can see that it is unable to edit on inbox for users as inspectors.

When I tried to test on web map browser on desktop, I realized it doesn't let you to edit it. Is there a way for specific users such as manager/supervisor to edit it? Please advise. Thank you again.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Alex,

You can create different access points to the layer with different privileges by creating a Feature Layer View - see this ArcGIS Blog on how to use views.