survey123 layer and replication

12-03-2019 06:22 AM
OfraAinemer
Esri Contributor

Hello

I have ArcGIS Server in Azure, with Survey based on ArcGIS Server Feature service.

the survey and service contains feature layer, attachment table and related table.

I need to replicate this layer into different disconnected network.

I use disconnected replication for that.

The problem is the the feature layer MUST be versioned to participate in replication, while it MUST NOT be versioned to be used in Survey123.

Any ideas what to do?

I've created the layer and related tables non versioned - for the survey.

I tried to create "shadow" layer and tables, versioned - for the replication.

Now the problem is how to sync them?

Building SQL triggers between them is very complicated, and I'm not sure I'll be able to create the relationship between the layer and tables in the versioned copy.

Any ideas for that synchronization?

Thanks in advance

Ofra

Systematics

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ofra,

As Survey123 requires their feature classes to be non-versioned, they cannot participate in geodatabase-level replication.  Have you looked at portal to portal collaboration?

0 Kudos
OfraAinemer
Esri Contributor

Hi James.

Thank you for your reply.

These two environments are disconnected.

Is there an option for disconnected collaboration?

I'll use disconnected replication, and a special software to check and move the XML files between the environments.

Ofra

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ofra,

If the two portals are in the same disconnected network environment, they should be able to participate in a collaboration.  If they are in seperate disconnected environments, you will need to have a different data transfer workflow.

0 Kudos
OfraAinemer
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

One portal/arcgis online is in the open internet, and used to collect data in the field, using Survey123. The other portal is in disconnected network. The challenge is to transfer the data. 

Finally I've created shadow layer - versioned, and created triggers to copy the data from the survey layer to the shadow layer. Then I use disconnected replication to sync the data to the disconnected network.

Thanks anyway

Ofra

0 Kudos