Survey123 Integer field does not allow more than 9 digits

04-18-2019 01:55 AM
RamonaDeck
New Contributor II

I  know this question is already asked in a similiar way but still, I want to ask if it is possible to use the full extent of an integer format (2.147.483.647) somehow. I use an integer field to get monetary amounts. They can reach up to 2 billions. So Integer should work fine but instead only 9 digits are possible in Survey123 even if I set an Input mask to 0000000000.

Any suggestions to solve this Problem without using a text field?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Ramona

I am curious as to why you dont use a decimal for a currency value?

0 Kudos
RamonaDeck
New Contributor II

Hey Deon,

there was actually no need for digits after the comma and actually also integer is enough as value range.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ramona,

The issue with integer fields being limited to 9 digits has actually now been fixed in the 3.4 beta builds which are available on EAC here: https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/version/default.html?cap=e69ef91f45744b98882c651f7b518eb7&artt...

This fix will be made available in the next release, currently there is no way to work around it in the app as it is a hard coded limitation due to underlying issues that have now been resolved.

Phil.

RamonaDeck
New Contributor II

Hey Philip,

this sounds perfect! Is there already a plan when the next release will be available?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

At this stage we are arming for the mid to end of May.

Phili

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Philip,

I am facing this issue in version 3.9.

Details:

- I have prepared a survey using https://survey123.arcgis.com/ version 3.9 and have used Number field with only integer values to capture phone numbers (10 digits).

- I have applied min- 1000000000 & Max-9999999999 (value restriction) to the field.

Issues faced:

- If opened this survey in Survey123 app (version 3.9.148) installed on my phone (Android 8.1.0) and Phone number field (integer) is not accepting more than 9 digits.

Findings:

- Same field works fine if I open it in browser instead of Survey123 App.

Please confirm, if this is a regression & is there is any workaround to handle this.

Thank you,

Sachin Mali

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sachin,

Can you please download the survey into Connect and then share a copy of the xlsx file so we can take a closer look?

Thanks,

Phil.

0 Kudos