Survey123 inbox query repeat not stable

06-24-2020 10:11 PM
לאוראורשן
New Contributor III

We built a form that contains repeat and enable in the inbox mechanism to return to existing records with an update capability. We use parameter query "query allowUpdates=true" for the repeat and the fields that are included in it. All worked well, and suddenly about 2 weeks ago it stopped showing the repeats that were entered and submitted in the past. We made some changes to the "allowUpdate" query and it worked fine for several hours, and then stopped working again. We have no idea what is the reason and how to make it work again. The excel form of the survey is attached.

Hope that you can help us

Thanks

Guy and Laor

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guy and Laor,

Are you still having this issue? Are you using ArcGIS Online or Enterprise? Also, what version of the field app and on what devices (make/model/OS) are you using?

It sounds as if you were experiencing a server or network issue that was causing the query to not complete successfully, or there was downtime or issue with feature service in your region. The Inbox query is very simple so provided the feature service is online and accessible, all records that are included in the query should be returned and loaded to the Inbox.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
לאוראורשן
New Contributor III

Hi Phil. thanks for your response. It seems that the repeat query is stable now. However, we experience another issue, regarding the possibility to view values in the repeat section according to limit of records in the layer definition of max record count which is the default of 2000 records. Thus from our more than 5000 records we see the repeats only for the first 2000 records. Is there a way to increase the record limit value ?

Thanks Guy and Laor

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guy and Laor,

The Inbox query will return the maximum amount of records as per the "maxRecordCount" property set on the feature service. By default with ArcGIS Online and/or Enterprise, this is either 1,000 or 2,000 records.

You can find more information here: Server configuration details—ArcGIS Enterprise Sites | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise.

And here is an Esri Support technical article about how this can be increased: How To: Update the maximum record count for feature services in ArcGIS Online.

Regards.

Phil.

0 Kudos
DarraghOSullivan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Philip,

I have a survey that collects walking trail inspection data and has 2 repeat sections. I use another survey to amend data collected via Inbox. This second survey has stopped showing data from one of the repeat sections for newer submissions (it is there for older ones and all data is in the feature service for both surveys).

The number of repeats in this layer is now around 1400 so I updated the max number of records to 2000 as per the instructions above. However, the repeats are still not showing in the survey via Inbox.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks, Darragh

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DarraghOSullivan,

Are you using a query on the repeats or query on the Inbox via the where clause? Is it just the repeat records that do not get returned, or the parent records to the repeat in the Inbox?

Is this a new issue since 3.13 release, or does it happen with 3.12 release also?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DarraghOSullivan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Phil,

I'm just using 'query allowUpdates=true' on the repeats. Only the repeat records are not being returned - the parent is fine and the second repeat section is fine too. Same on both 3.12 and 3.13

Strange thing is:

• The other repeat section is being returned totally fine with the same parameters.
  • Repeats are showing for older records, only the more recent ones are not showing. I checked and it seems to be from pretty much exactly repeat number 1000 that is not being returned. There is even one record showing only some of the repeats, and I think repeat number 1000 falls within this record.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @DarraghOSullivan ,

Regarding the related records being limited to a total of 1000, this is likely due to the maximum number of records a feature service provides in 1 request.  This can be modified to increase the number of features; additionally, BUG-000138707 has been filed to have Survey123 paginate (request the next set of records). 

0 Kudos
DarraghOSullivan
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. I'd already tried those instructions to increase the number of features to 2000. I did it for the relevant feature layer in both the original service and the one for the second survey. Any ideas why that would not have worked?

0 Kudos
DarraghOSullivan
Occasional Contributor

@Anonymous User @JamesTedrick 

These are the layers with features increased to 2000. Do you see anything wrong, or any advice? Thanks.

Layer in Main Feature Service:

DarraghOSullivan_0-1633317822203.png

Layer in secondary service via Inbox:

DarraghOSullivan_1-1633317929670.png

0 Kudos