Survey123 Inbox not returning data value from service

Jump to solution
02-22-2018 03:26 PM
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

When I download surveys into the Inbox my GUID data is not transferring down from the service. The survey has a GUID field that is calculated from a Collector URL Global ID parameter. The GIUD values are present in the service when I look at the data through AGOL. However, after refreshing the Inbox the GUID question is null. Why would the Inbox surveys not download the value from the service?

Thank you,

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Hello Philip,

I added the GUID text field to the service and updated my form. The data is now being returned from the Inbox.

Thank you for your help.

Kevin

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

Can you provide a little more information around how you created the GUID field? Have you set up the survey to point directly to the related table that this GUID field exists in?

What is the esrifieldtype of the GUID field? Do you have a globalid and parentglobalid field in the related table?

Generally, the Inbox does not display system fields such as globalid, parentglobalid, guid and objectid if they were created by Survey123 when creating the feature service. If using an existing feature service you should be able to display all the fields that exist in feature service provided they are in the xls form.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Hello Philip,

Thank you for your response. Below are the answers to your questions.

I created a Bridge Inspection application that uses both Collector and Survey123. This is because Survey123 can only have one repeat level. In my design, I have bridges related to inspections and inspections have related elements. Therefore, my bridges are in Collector and the inspections and elements are in Survey123. To maintain the relationship between bridges to inspections I used the Collector URL to pass the bridge GlobalID to the bridge GUID in the inspection. James Tedrick helped me set this up. Here is the general process I used.

• Create database in a file geodatabase with relationship class of Global ID to GUID.
  • Create ArcMap document with data layers and save as service in AGOL.
  • Set service to allow editing and share to editing group.
  • In Survey123 Connect, create new survey by importing service.
  • In XLS Form add a text question that has a Null field type for holding the related Global ID.
  • In XLS Form add a text question that has a GUID field type. For the question name, use the same name as the GUID in the service.
  • For the GUID question, use the following calculation to remove the curly brackets from the Global ID. if(regex(${brdg_guid_txt}, '^\{[\w\-]*\}$'), substr(${brdg_guid_txt},1, string-length(${brdg_guid_txt}) - 1), ${brdg_guid_txt})
  • In AGOL, create a web map with the related service to the one in Survey123. Use the following popup line.  arcgis-survey123://?itemID=affe05ec8db8448daccb0688c9583ce8&field:brdg_guid_txt={GlobalID}

See the post below for the whole discussion I had with James on how I implemented the GUID in the survey.

https://community.esri.com/thread/208613-pass-global-id-from-collector-to-g?sr=inbox

The esrifieldtype of the question is GUID.

The GUID question does appear on the survey in the Inbox.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

JTedrick-esristaff‌ Any ideas?

0 Kudos
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Hello Philip,

I added the GUID text field to the service and updated my form. The data is now being returned from the Inbox.

Thank you for your help.

Kevin

LeXuan
by
New Contributor

Kevin,

Can you explain a bit more on how you 'added the GUID text field and updated your form'. I have the same problem: the parentGlobalID (esrifieldtypeGUID) is not returned in the Inbox, and therefore when I resubmitted the record the partentGlobalID is made blank.

Thanks,

Hoang

0 Kudos