Survey123 If Statements

Jump to solution
05-23-2018 11:51 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

I have a field with a select_one type. How can I default text into fields based on the select_one choice? I tried looking into If statements but I couldn't find anything.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jordan,

The selected() function is used to create a condition that is then used by an if() function to set the value:

if(selected(${CALLTYPE}, 'CarbonMonoxide'), 'X', 'Not Carbon Monoxide')

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Jordan,

You can calculate field based on previous answers.  In the case of a select_one question, you can use either an = to check (ex: ${q} = 'a') or use the selected() function (ex: selected(${q}, 'a') ) as the evaluation part of an if() statement. Note that both values when the statement is true and when the statement is false are needed.  Formulas—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS provides more documentation.

0 Kudos
JordanMiller4

This doesn't work but how do I default the field to X text? I don't see anywhere in the formula's to populate a value when another field is selected.

select(${CALLTYPE},'CarbonMonoxide', = 'X')

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Jordan,

The selected() function is used to create a condition that is then used by an if() function to set the value:

if(selected(${CALLTYPE}, 'CarbonMonoxide'), 'X', 'Not Carbon Monoxide')

JordanMiller4

Thanks! If anyone comes across this formula please make sure you place it in the "Calculations" field and not the relevant field because nothing will happen. 

0 Kudos
TL2
by

if(${wradio_current} ='A', 'None', if(${wradio_current} ='B', 'None', 'user input from select_one'))

Is there a way to let the user input the else value?