Survey123 Geocoding Using Locator View??

06-23-2020 02:42 PM
KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

Everything I read indicates that a public survey can only use the World Geocoder. Is this correct? A major limitation if true. Is there a work around that would allow me to use a locator view or a search function that accesses a feature service. I need point addresses. The World Geocoder defaults to ranges. Big problem for me. Any ideas?

I tries using pulldata and CSV files but we have 33,000 addresses in our service area so this is unworkable.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Keith,

Yes, public surveys utilize the ArcGIS World Geocoder, as there isn't another guaranteed public geocoder available.  There is an enhancement request (ENH-000128497) and ArcGIS Idea (Use of Custom Geocode in web Survey123 without loggin); it is being considered as a potential enhancement in a future release.

0 Kudos
GeorgeF
New Contributor III

Hello @JamesTedrick 

I am currently not able to embed a geocode service in a survey shared publicly if the end user does not have an AGOL account.

Is there a recommendation on a work-around?

Thanks,

George

0 Kudos
GaryPrior
New Contributor II

We at the City of Orlando have recently realized this same issue and are needing the workflow changed to allow for using only our custom, public geocoder. This is a serious showstopper at this crucial time for helping our citizens to apply for rental housing assistance, and the Survey123 Esri product seemed a perfect fit and promises so much but has this serious drawback. Please try to make this simple enhancement as soon as possible. Thank you.

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@GaryPrior This is now possible.  Reply back and I can help you out with it.