Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 form created from existing feature service cannot edit attachmnet

11-15-2017 02:07 PM
YuyingLi
New Contributor II

I have a feature services that enabled attachment based on the global ID. I created survey123 form based on the feature service and manually included photo repeat in the form. When I tried to publish the form to the existing feature service, I got an error message: the feature service does not match the requirement to edit repeat.

Anything I am missing?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James,

any ETA for supporting adding/editing attachments via Inbox? Any idea for a workaround in meantime?

Thank you,

Stefano

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stefano,

Adding attachments is supported for addition-only repeats.  You could possibly construct separate forms for addition and updating as a workaround.  We don't have a firm timeline for supporting this in update repeats.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

James,

Is there any update on the supporting adding/editing attachments via inbox?   Not understanding the separate form comment and how they would tie together.   

I am wondering if it would be possible to invoke a new form and populate the new form with the ID from the inbox based form.      What I am thinking is I am on a record with ID#123 and then invoke a simple form (maybe a web-based Survey123  form) via a button that launches the simple form in a browser via the survey web URL to capture pictures.  When launched into the form the ID#123  is transferred to the new form.   This will enable the attachments (pictures) to be tied back to the original feature service records through a related table.

Maybe this has been asked in another place in the forum... 

Thanks in advance for your insight,

Robert

0 Kudos