Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to see geopoints from a repeated group

07-25-2018 05:10 AM
ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey with a geopoint option in a repeated group. The last time I used this was back in the beginning of May and I could get all of the repeated points to show up on a map. I just collected data yesterday using the same form, but now the points do not show up. I tried downloading them thinking that I could load them into ArcMap as a work around. The files are there, but they are not showing up still. There appears to be a lock symbol at the heading of the location fields. Help please.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Do you mean displaying the related layer points on a Web Map in AGO, in ArcMap or the map in the Inbox of the app. By default the related layers are not displayed on a map if you only add the parent layer to the map, and the contents is displaying the related tables/layers as only tables. You will need to add the related layer directly to the map as a layer so you can apply the symbology.

Hope this helps.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Phil,

In early May, I was able to open a selected entry in the online map viewer and it would show locations taken in a repeat portion of the form. It sounds like this changed when the ability to nest repeats was added. I have not used any of the forms I designed previously with those features until a couple of days ago.

So given the new format, how do I add a related layer directly to the map?

Chris

An Accredited land trust

Chris Young

Conservation Easement Stewardship Associate

Columbia Land Conservancy

49 Main Street

Chatham, NY 12037

518.392.5252 ext. 221

chris.young@clctrust.org<mailto:chris.young@clctrust.org>

www.clctrust.org

Conserving rural landscapes.

Connecting people to the land.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

AGO also had an update in June 2018, so I wonder if this is what is effecting displaying related layers in your web map. In any case, if you navigate to the feature service, and the related layer you want and then select Open in Map Viewer, you should be able to select to add to current map viewer, and then remember to save your web map.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. That involves a few more steps, but at least it is fairly simple and straightforward.

An Accredited land trust

Chris Young

Conservation Easement Stewardship Associate

Columbia Land Conservancy

49 Main Street

Chatham, NY 12037

518.392.5252 ext. 221

chris.young@clctrust.org<mailto:chris.young@clctrust.org>

www.clctrust.org

Conserving rural landscapes.

Connecting people to the land.

ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

Geopoints are no longer allowed in more than one field. I am no longer to use many of my forms as I would like to and the information is no longer retrievable even using the workaround mentioned above.

0 Kudos