Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 for auditing

Jump to solution
07-28-2023 02:33 AM
cat206
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, 

I am looking at the possibility of using Survey123 for Auditing purposes. I would like the auditors to have access to complete the whole survey, but I would then like the auditee to have viewing access to the survey results, but be able to accept the survey by amending one field and adding in their signature and the acceptance date. Is there a way to limit a certain group to only have editing rights to a few questions of the survey? 

I'd be open to any other ideas people may have or currently use to. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

There are definitely a some different ways to do this.

Method 1: What you described could be achieved with the Inbox feature and multiple surveys. But, that costs money as each user would require a Field Worker account. If all of your users do have Field Worker accounts, then you are good to go!

Method 2: If you are like me and a bulk of your users don't have Field Worker accounts, you can use process automation. We do internal quarterly audits of ~250 Project Managers. Our process is:

1. Auditors fill in the form;
  2. Power Automate starts an approval in MS Approval;
  3. Auditees use Teams to interact with the approval where they either digitally sign off (approve) or challenge (reject) the audit;
  4. PowerBI processes and displays audit results for upper management

This, of course, is a different cost. If your company is not already in the MS environment, then this would not be a viable alternative.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

There are definitely a some different ways to do this.

Method 1: What you described could be achieved with the Inbox feature and multiple surveys. But, that costs money as each user would require a Field Worker account. If all of your users do have Field Worker accounts, then you are good to go!

Method 2: If you are like me and a bulk of your users don't have Field Worker accounts, you can use process automation. We do internal quarterly audits of ~250 Project Managers. Our process is:

1. Auditors fill in the form;
  2. Power Automate starts an approval in MS Approval;
  3. Auditees use Teams to interact with the approval where they either digitally sign off (approve) or challenge (reject) the audit;
  4. PowerBI processes and displays audit results for upper management

This, of course, is a different cost. If your company is not already in the MS environment, then this would not be a viable alternative.