Survey123 Field App skipping pages

05-09-2022 01:12 PM
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

My users reported a bug that I was able to reproduce. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Issue: While using an iPad, a survey with multiple pages, and the Field App, clicking the next arrow skips all the even pages. (I no longer have an android product to test on)

Workaround: The page selector still works as intended. I suggested that they use this for now.

Field apps should all be up to date. Has happened to a large number of people. This issue does not appear on PC.

Edit: I also found that tapping the next arrow, and then tapping anywhere on the screen advances to the next page too.

7 Replies
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

@abureaux What version of Survey123 app? Did it start happening after updating?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm actually not 100% sure when this started. Users are bad at providing feedback.

Field apps are all mobile, and should be the most recent version.

Connect is 3.14

Form is 3.14

0 Kudos
JohnBickmore
New Contributor III

this is an old thread, but am wondering if this was resolved? I am having similar issues on iphones. users click to go to next page, nothing happens, so they click again, and then it skips a page,. Users can use the page selection but I am getting a lot of complaints. Surveys are published from connect v3.19.104

Thank you 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Not really. The bug is still "under review" with Esri. Hopefully a full fix comes soon. The error-less crashing that can result from this bug is the most troubling.

My only suggestion is to try different configuration methods to get the "page skipping" to go away.

0 Kudos
JohnBickmore
New Contributor III

Can you provide a link to the bug that is being reviewed? Otherwise I will try and lodge another. We are getting the same issue with photos. If a user opens a photo they have taken within the app, the photo will not close until you click the back arrow (top left of screen) twice. Unfortunately on the second click, both clicks are performed. The first click closes the photo and the second click closes the survey. This is because once the photo is closed the same location has the X button to close the survey. 

0 Kudos
JohnBickmore
New Contributor III

Just updated to connect 3.19.116 and republished, hoping it may solve the double click issue but no change. Double click happens for next (or previous) page arrows and for the back button to close a photo. For the photos it is particularly annoying as it closes the survey.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

"annoying" is putting it lightly. It's an errorless crash that doesn't save your work (at least in my case). This behaviour was the main reason that I brought this up with Esri.

Unfortunately, I don't have any solid workarounds or recommendations other than to start a new project and add components of the old survey to the new one, one "block" at a time, and try to pin down where the issue starts. Then try and "simplify" the survey around that problem component(s).

BUG-000162468 : In the ArcGIS Survey123 field app (version 3.18.145), iOS devices do not display the next page after selecting the ‘>’ icon.

0 Kudos