Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Feature Report

12-13-2023 03:34 AM
Nihe_N8
New Contributor II

Hello Community,

I've created a feature report template to show the results of a Site Inspection Survey. It's comprised of 51 questions, separated over 5 sections using the dynamic pages element of Survey123 Connect. I've attached part of the template below and also how this is displayed in a generated report. All 51 questions will follow the same formatting template.

What I would like to know is - As seen in Q2, Q3 & Q4 is there a way to remove the blank spaces between the question and the additional comments if the question is answered 'Yes'? Ideally I'd like the Additional Comments to be moved up and be displayed below the question under this condition and so the next question be moved up and displayed under the Additional Comments etc. (so there is no white boxes/space) When the question is answered 'No' as in Question 1, this layout is fine.

Also, how would I format the 'Photograph of Non-Compliance' part so that this wording doesn't display if the question was answered 'No' but no photograph was taken? At present, if no photograph is taken under those conditions, it will just be a blank space beside the words Photograph of Non-Compliance.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Nick

Report Template.jpgGenerated Report.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Not quite sure to where you are referencing. Do you mean this space?

abureaux_1-1702496407195.png

If so, you will want to ensure there is no carriage return here (essentially, the $ should appear right after the } )

abureaux_2-1702496455463.png

The quality of the images is quite low, so it's hard to show anything.

If you go into your word doc, turn on the Paragraph option to see where carriage returns will appear:

abureaux_3-1702496582778.png

One limitation of Feature Reports is that you cannot remove the last carriage return after a repeat when set up like this (I don't see any repeats like this in your example, but again, it's quite pixilated for me):

${#field_name}${field1}

${/}

0 Kudos