Survey123 Feature Report API error

01-20-2020 05:53 AM
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

so i am trying to automate the generation of reports from Survey123 using the feature repoting API (found it documented on the BETA site) and it works great it will pull back all my questions the same as if you ran it manually from within Survey123 website. but as soon as i add any map or photo element it wont generate the report, yet you can manually generate the report from the survey123 website using the same template and it works fine...

this is one of the errors i'm getting: 

Failed to print map for ${$shape|mapSettings:"6exxxxxxxxxxxxxx":1500|size:350:350}. waiting for function failed: timeout 180000ms exceeded

any ideas?

Stu

0 Kudos
5 Replies
StuartMoore

this is the latest error, i generated the sample template for my survey and copied the syntax for one of the geo location questions

Stu

{"jobId":"e1fc4a........e55893",
"jobStatus":"esriJobFailed",
"jobStatusInfo":{"detailedStatus":"printFailed",
"startTime":1579600254924,
"progress":"1.00"},
"submitted":1579600244895,
"completed":1579600258672,
"resultInfo":{"title":"Item_OID_82487",
"totalCount":1,
"succeededObjectIds":[],
"failedObjectIds":[82487],
"details":[{"objectId":82487,
"status":"printFailed",
"messages":["Failed to print map for ${PIVLocation}. Error: Failed to print map: {}\n    at eval (eval at waitForPredicatePageFunction (:2:21),
 <anonymous>:20:31)\n    at eval (eval at waitForPredicatePageFunction (:2:21),
 <anonymous>:35:19)\n    at onRaf (__puppeteer_evaluation_script__:56:33)\n    at pollRaf (__puppeteer_evaluation_script__:48:5)\n    at waitForPredicatePageFunction (__puppeteer_evaluation_script__:7:18)"],
"success":false}]},
"inputInfo":{"jobType":"createReport",
"parameters":{"featureLayerUrl":"https://services3.arcgis.com/Eet2anYth754hzcB/arcgis/rest/services/survey123_78.........369_stakeholder/FeatureServer/0",
"queryParameters":{"where":"objectId = 82487"},
"templateItemId":"ba...........e4",
"surveyItemId":"78...............369",
"f":"json",
"outputFormat":"docx",
"outputFileName":"OID_82487",
"uploadInfo":{"type":"arcgis",
"parameters":{"title":"Item_OID_82487",
"folderId":"64e...............51a"}}}},
"messages":["Failed to print map for ${Location}. Error: Failed to print map: {}\n    at eval (eval at waitForPredicatePageFunction (:2:21),
 <anonymous>:20:31)\n    at eval (eval at waitForPredicatePageFunction (:2:21),
 <anonymous>:35:19)\n    at onRaf (__puppeteer_evaluation_script__:56:33)\n    at pollRaf (__puppeteer_evaluation_script__:48:5)\n    at waitForPredicatePageFunction (__puppeteer_evaluation_script__:7:18)"]}
0 Kudos
ChrisWoodward
New Contributor III

Hey Stu, 

Did you ever get a resolution? I too have a similar error: 

"messages": [
    "Failed to print map for ${location}. Error: Failed to print map: {}\n    at eval (eval at waitForPredicatePageFunction (:2:21), <anonymous>:20:31)\n    at eval (eval at waitForPredicatePageFunction (:2:21), <anonymous>:35:19)\n    at onRaf (__puppeteer_evaluation_script__:56:33)\n    at pollRaf (__puppeteer_evaluation_script__:48:5)\n    at waitForPredicatePageFunction (__puppeteer_evaluation_script__:7:18)"
Thanks, 
Chris
0 Kudos
StuartMoore

Hi Chris,

no, the only way i got it to work was to remove the map and the photos from the template

Stu

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Please file an Esri Support ticket to work through what is the cause of the issue.

0 Kudos
annaAve
New Contributor

Has it been resolved? Is there a solution to this problem available? I can generate a sample report without any problems  in Logic App flow, but the presentation report gets stuck with the exactly the same issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos