Survey123 Editing Issues

08-31-2021 08:34 AM
DavidKramar1
New Contributor II

Good morning. I am creating some forms using Survey123, but I keep receiving the error: "You cannot submit records to the survey because you do not have edit privileges". This is pretty odd because I created the survey, and as the owner, I should have that privilege, correct? I have verified that I have edit and create privileges via AGOL, as well as verified my licensing in Survey123. Even when the survey is set to public data collection, I receive the same error. Any suggestions??

3 Replies
JamesKelly4
Occasional Contributor

Are you getting that message when you try to enter data in Survey123? If so, it might be that you have an editor User type. I learned this the hard way after purchasing an Editor user type for a staff member. They can edit data that has been submitted but can't submit new records. Kind of silly. See here for more. 

DavidKramar1
New Contributor II

I am getting it when I open the survey either in Preview, or after it is published. My AGOL role is User/Publisher, and my Type is GIS Professional Advanced. In theory I have full edit (Create, Add, Delete, etc) functionality. I'll look further into roles, as I was assuming it had something to do with them. 

0 Kudos
DavidKramar1
New Contributor II

Issue Resolved: A default setting for the role to allow members to edit features was turned off. Interestingly, I set the survey to allow for public collection and I still couldn't add records. Public collection is now turned off since it was a setting within the role.