Survey123 Draft Mode not saving survey input after second resume.

Jump to solution
01-22-2021 10:03 AM
CecilioMartinez
New Contributor II

I originally created my survey online using Survey123.  I then dowloaded the survey into Survey123 Connect to do custom calculation and custom currency formatting. It's a somewhat long survey. Participants want to save their progress to resume at a later time.  The only thing I could find was to turn on Draft Mode.  It works really well with non-Survey123 Connect surveys.  But with my Survey123 Connect published survey it works on the first resume, but loses the input values on a second resume. I don't have any errors when I update the XLSFrom to the survey.  Am I missing something? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @CecilioMartinez @JeffGarcia ,

This issue (BUG-000137780) occurs in a survey with any hidden question when second refreshing it. It has been fixed in the 3.12 Survey123 web app now.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Best,

Zhifang

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Cecilio,

Could you try to use the beta web application (survey123beta.arcgis.com) with the same workflow to see if you could see the saved draft?

Make sure when you open the survey link, the link shows survey123beta and pay attention to the "Reset" and "Save" buttons on the banner. 

When you fill in the answers, check if the save button show "Saved," then refresh the page to confirm the saved content is still available.

0 Kudos
CecilioMartinez
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Shwu-jingJeng! 

I tried it and it's doing the same thing in Beta. I open the survey fill out a couple of questions. Close the browser and cut and paste the link and have my answers show up. Close the browser cut and paste the link and all answers are gone. I think it's a browser cache and Survey123 Connect Issue. The regular online Survey123 this feature works ok.

Thanks for trying!

-Cecilio

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Cecilio,

Thanks for the information. I can see the behavior you described that the saved data was gone after the second freshing page if the survey is created by Connect.

As I can reproduce this with the current version and beta version, this should be a valid issue to report.

I encourage you to submit this issue as a bug via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

JeffGarcia
New Contributor

Hi,

Has a solution been found as to why this is happening? I am running into a similar problem. I reported this as a bug and have not heard back regarding this issue. On the second reload of my survey, all input data is lost when in draft mode. I have a somewhat lengthy survey that may require someone to come back and finish the survey at a later time and I have been running into this issue multiple times. Could I please get some help?

Thanks - Jeff

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Do you have a salesforce issue number you reported or logged with Support Service that I can check the status for you?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @CecilioMartinez @JeffGarcia ,

This issue (BUG-000137780) occurs in a survey with any hidden question when second refreshing it. It has been fixed in the 3.12 Survey123 web app now.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Best,

Zhifang