Survey123 Date

369
4
Jump to solution
04-10-2018 02:15 PM
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Regular Contributor

When I pass a date field from collector to survey123 (field:dateStarted={Date_Started}) it will only pass to survey123 as Monday, January 1, 0001.  When I do this from a ArcGIS Online map it pass on the correctly entered date.  How would I get this to pass correctly using survey123?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Regular Contributor

I got it figured out.  Make sure to specify the esriFieldTypeDate for the bind::esri:fieldType column in the XLSForm it transfers correctly.  Before it was left blank.     

View solution in original post

Reply
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matthew,

The date text should be processed successfully.  What is the text format of the date set in the pop-up configuration (i.e., April 10, 2018 or 4/10/2018 or 10/4/2018)? - If either of the last two, I could see an issue in attempting to process

Reply
0 Kudos
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Regular Contributor

Date to date (field:dateStarted={Date_Started}), no text fields involved.  It is a date in my feature service attribute (Date_Started - Format as December 21, 1997) and a date in my Survey Connect Excel field (dateStared).  It works great from Online to Survey.  When integrating from collector to survey123 is where it always changes it to Monday, January 1, 0001.

I should also add that I am using Windows.  It is pulling from a ArcGIS Server rest Feature Service.

Connect

Attribute Config

Hyperlink to Survey

ArcGIS Online to Survey123

ArcGIS Collector to Survey123

Reply
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the additional information.  This appears to be an issue specific to the Windows version of Collector; it adds some additional (non-visible) characters to the text generated that is not allowing the date parsing to function correctly in Survey123.  I've logged an issue to see if the extra characters can be worked around.

Reply
0 Kudos
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Regular Contributor

I got it figured out.  Make sure to specify the esriFieldTypeDate for the bind::esri:fieldType column in the XLSForm it transfers correctly.  Before it was left blank.     

View solution in original post

Reply
0 Kudos