Survey123 Date

Jump to solution
04-10-2018 02:15 PM
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

When I pass a date field from collector to survey123 (field:dateStarted={Date_Started}) it will only pass to survey123 as Monday, January 1, 0001.  When I do this from a ArcGIS Online map it pass on the correctly entered date.  How would I get this to pass correctly using survey123?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

I got it figured out.  Make sure to specify the esriFieldTypeDate for the bind::esri:fieldType column in the XLSForm it transfers correctly.  Before it was left blank.     

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matthew,

The date text should be processed successfully.  What is the text format of the date set in the pop-up configuration (i.e., April 10, 2018 or 4/10/2018 or 10/4/2018)? - If either of the last two, I could see an issue in attempting to process

0 Kudos
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

Date to date (field:dateStarted={Date_Started}), no text fields involved.  It is a date in my feature service attribute (Date_Started - Format as December 21, 1997) and a date in my Survey Connect Excel field (dateStared).  It works great from Online to Survey.  When integrating from collector to survey123 is where it always changes it to Monday, January 1, 0001.

I should also add that I am using Windows.  It is pulling from a ArcGIS Server rest Feature Service.

Connect

Attribute Config

Hyperlink to Survey

ArcGIS Online to Survey123

ArcGIS Collector to Survey123

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the additional information.  This appears to be an issue specific to the Windows version of Collector; it adds some additional (non-visible) characters to the text generated that is not allowing the date parsing to function correctly in Survey123.  I've logged an issue to see if the extra characters can be worked around.

0 Kudos
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

I got it figured out.  Make sure to specify the esriFieldTypeDate for the bind::esri:fieldType column in the XLSForm it transfers correctly.  Before it was left blank.     

ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @MatthewDriscoll . Just to add some extra clarity here, I had the same issue but was passing in the {CREATIONDATE} from an existing feature. In my survey this was field was set to an bind::esri:fieldType of 'null' as I didn't want, nor had a column, for this info in my feature service. So in my case in order to be able to recognize this value as a date I had to set bind::type as 'dateTime'. Minor detail but might prove helpful to someone.

0 Kudos