Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 - Convert .SQLite to Fgdb

02-05-2024 01:46 PM
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have a survey, which had been working fine, until I made some changes to the schema (added extra fields to underlying database) and re-published.

My re-published survey works fine on tablets that are using the latest version of the survey, but unfortunately some users still had some surveys in the Survey123 Outbox prior to the survey being re-published... so now the old surveys won't submit and any new surveys that they collect will be stuck in the Outbox, unless I delete all the old surveys that were 'stuck'.

So I've reviewed a few of the posts on this type of issue, and I've been able to get the .SQLite database and the attachments folder transferred from my Android tablet to my PC.

I can open the desktop version of Survey123 and see the surveys, so the data looks OK... but what I need now is a way to convert the SQLite database in to a fgdb, so that I can append it to my main survey feature class.

I imagine this type of issue can't be that uncommon... so hoping that you experts out there might be able to point me in the right direction to convert my Sqlite database to a file geodatabase.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Not something you want happening regularly.

Curious on the scale of the change here (what you described sounds small). You said you were able to open the surveys on your PC. Did you open them in the existing survey? If so, why can't you just send them?

0 Kudos
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

The surveys that I transferred to my PC were actually from a tablet that had a few test inspections that I had deliberately stored in the Outbox.. so initially I wanted to figure out how to get the Survey123 SQLite database and photo attachments from my Android tablet to my PC.  So copied to the right folders and ran the Fix database option and the surveys appeared... and yes, I was able to send them from Survey123 desktop app.

But reckon it'll be a different story when I get a SQLite database transferred from a tablet where they are stuck in the Outbox.  I suspect I should be able to open them in a previous version of my survey (hopefully), but won't be able to send.. I'll know more in a day or so once I get a 'problem' tablet.

So ideally would like to be able to convert SQLite database to fgdb.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos