Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect Submit to different survey

10-11-2023 08:35 AM
RutledgeNicholas
New Contributor III

Good Morning,

I am looking for documentation on how to make survey123 connect survey submissions go into a survey123 feature layer. See the example explanation below.

Someone submits a survey and then they will be emails a link to modify and submit a different set of answers later, but I need the "modified answers" and the second set of questions to fall into the main feature layer. I will be using Microsoft Power Automate to send out the "modify" link a after the first survey is submitted.

Questions 1 - 3 are shown on and submitted with survey #1 then the link to modify/provide additional answers is sent to the submitter to submit Questions 5 - 7 (these questions won't show up on the survey #1) and those answers will then go into the feature layer the same feature layer as the first survey.

I know this is possible because I knew someone that did it at one time, but I don't have their contact information anymore.

If I need to elaborate more, please let me know.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @RutledgeNicholas

In your second survey you will need to set a submission_url, in Survey123 Connect you can create a survey from a feature layer and Survey123 will automatically set the submission_url. 

The Integrate with other apps documentation will be helpful for setting up the link to the second survey in the email. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos