Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect stuck on "Loading survey"

04-08-2024 11:48 AM
KellyTaylor
Regular Contributor

Hello hello,

As the title says, Survey123 Connect is stuck on the "Loading survey" screen once I try to open a survey for editing. The problem seems to be specific to one survey as I am able to open others without issue. I've restarted connect several times and even restarted my machine (even though I didn't think that was the issue). Has anyone had this problem before?

KellyTaylor_0-1712601932310.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @KellyTaylor

Would you be able to pass along the XLSForm for troubleshooting? You can also enable diagnostic logging prior to opening the survey, would it also be possible to obtain a log when the behavior occurs? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
DietrichEppSchmidt
Emerging Contributor

I have a similar issue that I'm fairly certain is caused by a very large select one option that wasn't configured to be autocomplete. I've fixed that now, but it still hangs up before I have the option to update the form. Any ideas on how to bypass that without having to make a new form?

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @DietrichEppSchmidt

When you're on the main gallery in Survey123 Connect select the three horizontal dots for the survey you are running into the issue with. Then select "Open folder", when the folder opens delete the <formName>.xml file. Then select the survey in the Connect gallery and you should see the XLSForm Modified message, select Yes to re-convert the XLSForm with the autocomplete change and regenerate the XML file. 

Thank you,
Zach