Survey123 Connect Skip Logic

12-20-2018 07:19 AM
HannahHutchins1
New Contributor II

I've been exploring Survey123 Connect and am really loving the flexibility we have in how these surveys function and look!

I'm stuck though...

I have 7 pages in my survey and I'm now working on utilizing the "relevant" field to apply some skip logic. I can't seem to figure out how to do this:

If a user selects "no" (select_one type) on page 4, then there is no need for them to continue through the survey and I'd like to bring them to the end page/Thank You page. There are multiple questions throughout the survey where based on the users response, they can be finished and brought to the end page. I've been using the ${name} = 'value' or ${name} = 'value' or etc..and it doesn't seem to work. The user is brought to the next page and not the last page.

I hope this makes sense...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NickDierks1
Occasional Contributor II

I haven't explored how it works when your survey is set to multiple pages, but you should be able to make entire groups relevant. Take the relevant clause in line 42 and apply it to that group (line 41) instead, and see if that works out like you're expecting.

0 Kudos
HannahHutchins1
New Contributor II

Okay so tried that and I feel you may be onto something but I'm wondering if the fact that I have pages is a problem. When I used your suggestion, the interim pages (5 and 6) still appeared but blank. So the user still have to hit "Next page" to get to the end of the survey. It didn't bring them there automatically.

I'm thinking I may have to restructure my survey...

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Hannah,

At this time, hiding a group that represents a page will display a blank page (the page itself is not hidden).

0 Kudos
CyrilDynka_Mrva
Esri Contributor

Hello James Tedrick‌, is this issue still reproducible in the newest release of Survey123 Connect?

0 Kudos
MitchJohnson
New Contributor III

I want to achieve the same solution, but it appears this has not yet been addressed.  The pages are blank when the logic is applied to groups.  Has anyone come up with any workarounds to hide pages/groups based on answers to previous questions in the survey?

0 Kudos
MitchJohnson
New Contributor III

Actually, nevermind.  It worked! It did not show up in Survey123 connect, but once I published the survey after changing the relevant and required cells for the group, the page following that logic behaved accordingly and disappeared!  Thank you for including this functionality.

0 Kudos