Survey123 Connect Reverse Geocoding with Custom Geocoder

Jump to solution
06-04-2020 12:50 PM
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

Spatial references were never my strong suit, so sorry in advance if I use the wrong terminology somewhere

I'm trying to use a custom geocoder to reverse geocode a geopoint via pulldata. Our custom geocoder is in state plane, but the default World Geocoder is not. What's the way to handle this?

Side notes: We are only collecting data within our jurisdiction, and would like to match the address entered to our address point. This is a public survey, and we don't feel that teaching users to select the proper locator in the geopoint question will make sense to many people.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dante,

Apologies for the delay in response.  Per, Reverse Geocode—ArcGIS REST API | ArcGIS for Developers , you can specify the output coordinate system by using the outSR parameter in the request; for Survey123 (which internally uses WGS1984), the correct code would be

outSR=4326

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dante,

Apologies for the delay in response.  Per, Reverse Geocode—ArcGIS REST API | ArcGIS for Developers , you can specify the output coordinate system by using the outSR parameter in the request; for Survey123 (which internally uses WGS1984), the correct code would be

outSR=4326

0 Kudos
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

Ah! Good to know. Thanks for the response. I'll give that approach a go. I'd ended up publishing a locator in WGS1984

0 Kudos