Survey123 Connect - Publishing

Jump to solution
01-31-2019 01:02 AM
MargueriteDonohoe
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a survey that was created in Survey123 Connect. I have added some extra choice field and when I try to publish the survey publishing hangs. I've noticed that there is no form or feature layer in the survey folder when I view it through AGOL - Content. (I am not sure how these would have been deleted?)

When I view the survey through Survey123 Web there is data (386 records) but the pencil symbol that directs you to open in Connect or the Collaborate symbol is not available. 

My question - Is the issue with publishing because the form and feature not present?

If so how do I replace them with the data that is available in Survey123 Web?

We are using Survey123 Connect with Portal

Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Marguerite,

Are you publishing to Portal or AGO? Also, what version of Survey123 Connect and App are you using? Also, if you are using the Survey123 website, are you accessing your Portal via the portalURL appended to the website URL?

To me, it would appear the folder you are looking at and trying to publish to from Connect, is not the same as the folder and data in the feature service you are viewing in survey123 website. For all surveys published from Connect, and folder will be created in AGO or Portal, and in that folder will contain the survey Form item and the Feature Service. There may also be some views if you share via the survey123 website. If you used an existing feature service to create your survey then that may be located in another folder or another users folder that is shared to you, so then you will only see the Form item in your content.

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Marguerite,

Are you publishing to Portal or AGO? Also, what version of Survey123 Connect and App are you using? Also, if you are using the Survey123 website, are you accessing your Portal via the portalURL appended to the website URL?

To me, it would appear the folder you are looking at and trying to publish to from Connect, is not the same as the folder and data in the feature service you are viewing in survey123 website. For all surveys published from Connect, and folder will be created in AGO or Portal, and in that folder will contain the survey Form item and the Feature Service. There may also be some views if you share via the survey123 website. If you used an existing feature service to create your survey then that may be located in another folder or another users folder that is shared to you, so then you will only see the Form item in your content.

Phil.