Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Calculations Not Working

08-23-2018 04:54 AM
TiffanyRufo
Occasional Contributor II

I have been having an issue with one of my Survey123 forms lately that just keeps escalating. The calculation fields fail to populate intermittently. At first it was 2/400 that failed but the number just keeps growing. I cannot find a pattern or reason to it. I have talked extensively with the form submitters and they are doing everything right as far as I can tell.

Some background on the form. This is a mowing log for our Code Enforcement Division seasonal workers. They are supposed to enter the information for every parcel they mow and the form is supposed to calculate the cost to be billed to the owner. It is linked into a collector map with the custom Url scheme to auto-populate the parcel info for each record.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I've been banging my head on the wall for a while now. 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
TiffanyRufo
Occasional Contributor II

Yes all of the calculations that are failing to populate have contributing fields filled out. 

The crew only has two tablets. They were logged in previously with the same account (code enforcement).Just today I have created another account for one of them to use to try to see if it is one tablet or the other or if it happens on both. 

0 Kudos
CraigBeaven
New Contributor

Just found the same problem after publishing a form today. Doesn't happen every time. The green 'refresh' button does not appear in the fields that won't calculate. However, there are plenty of other fields that calculate fine. I'm using version 3.0.149 of the App on an iPhone 6.

0 Kudos
NorthlandRegional_Council
New Contributor II

Was any solution found for this?

0 Kudos
StacyLynnBlanco
New Contributor III

Was any solution or work-around found for this? I am having the same issue. I have 6 people using one form. All 6 use their own iPads and/or the field app on their laptops. One person keeps having this problem where the calculated fields don't calculate. I have worked with him and entered the exact same stuff on my iPad and mine will compute and his won't. It's also not on every form he submits. Sometimes it works fine. I had him update his survey123 app and field app versions, and he's still having the same problem. I would appreciate any troubleshooting advice.

0 Kudos
SamuelTaylor
New Contributor

@StacyLynnBlanco I also noticed the same error in our data recently. We have a form that is used on three different Ipads. One field is calculated in the form by using a pull data function based on data entered in two other fields. We can confirm that the field is calculating correctly because it displays in the form. When looking at the database the calculated field is intermittently correct, but more often than not is displays "NULL" or "0". It doesn't appear to make a difference on which device we are using or which of our team members is logged in.
Were you able to find an answer on your end? Did you ever hear back in a different post related to this question?
@JamesTedrick 

In the attached file the top row is correct, the three below are incorrect. Data in "Ecoli Large" and "Ecoli Small" is used to calculate "MPN Ecoli".

Also, one of the attached snips shows the software version used when the form was created. All the devices used in the field are full up to date.

0 Kudos
StacyLynnBlanco
New Contributor III
I found that putting calculationMode=always in bind::esri.parameters worked for me. Also, updating Survey123 to the latest version...between those two things, it seems to work fine now for all users and all devices. I hope that will work for you, too.