Survey123 Attachments and Inbox

05-26-2021 08:38 AM
VerleyAltamirano
New Contributor II

I am currently using a survey where the first user takes pictures and the second user finishes filling in the data, I don't need the second user to see the pictures in the Inbox. However when uploading the second part it seems that the attachments published by the first user are deleted. Any solution?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @VerleyAltamirano,

What version of Survey123 Connect and field app are you using?

Is the second user refreshing the Inbox and editing the survey that the first user created? If so, the images should not be deleted if the survey is edited from an existing record that had images. It sounds as if the record in the layer if being overwritten, not updated. This could happen if both uses had the same record in their Inbox at the same time, and did not refresh/update after the first user had submitted.

Can you provide a copy of your xlsxform and any further details and instructions, and even screenshots, so we can take a closer look and understand the complete workflow.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
VerleyAltamirano
New Contributor II

Sure, here the images and survey

cor.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @VerleyAltamirano,

I notice you have both the Inbox and Sent box enabled at the same time for this survey. Note this is not advisable, as will mean that Inbox records do not get updated when the Inbox is refreshed, if they are already on the device in the Sent folder. In this case please disable the Sent box to avoid this issue.

Are the first and second user using the same device, or using different devices? Do they refresh the Inbox before they edit the record?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
VerleyAltamirano
New Contributor II

Hi Also I´m trying to use a Submission_url but now a message of Fields Not Found but I´m pretty sure that everything is Ok. Could you take a look on that? 

I dont know if it is related with "Pages" sytle, repeats and groups... etc

VerleyAltamirano_0-1622562744633.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @VerleyAltamirano,

The submission URL error means there are fields or layers/tables in the XLSForm spreadsheet, that do not match the schema of the feature service. The layers and related layers/tables must match in terms of repeats, and each question name inside each layer must match exactly also.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
VerleyAltamirano
New Contributor II

They are using different devices also, I just solved the issue of the field. 

But they cant see the other images in inbox. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @VerleyAltamirano,

How were the images attached the feature, via survey123 initial collection or another application? Do you know if all the attachments have keywords?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos