Survey123 app send error

05-04-2018 09:54 AM
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

I have attached a screenshot of an error message that a couple of members of my organization have gotten when trying to send surveys in recently. This is happening with one survey. We have used this survey extensively in the past without problems. I have attached the xls as well.

Chris

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

I am not immediately replicating the submission failure with a copy of the form.  Can you provide some more details on the conditions of submission failure?  After coming to a location with good wifi, does the submission succeed?

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Hi James,

I asked one of my coworkers that was having the issue to give me more details. Here is her response: “I first tried to submit in an area with moderate (not great, not horrible) LTE reception, and that’s when they failed. The uploads continued to fail even when I connected to wifi at home and restarted the app... I just tried to send it again and I am getting the same error. I think Grayson also tried to send when he was in the field, and one of his went through but the other 2 got the same error I’m getting.”

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Update:  we're not 100% sure of this, but this problem seems to only be affecting Apple devices; no one using Android has reported the issue yet. Today I received reports from more users using different surveys having the same issue - all Apple users.

Chris

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Just to check, can you have your users sign out and then sign in again?  There is a bug with iOS that users are signed out when the device goes offline.

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

I just had them try that out. Unfortunately it did not work. Same error message. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Chris,

Are you able to retrieve the data via Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ?  Could I ask that you also have one of your users generate a log file (see Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS; instead of waiting for a console to appear, turn on logging immediately to write to a file) - the steps for retrieving a log file from iOS are the same ones used for data recovery (the log file will be in ArcGIS/Appstudio/logs )

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

I have forwarded this information to them. Also, I thought it might be important to mention that when one of the users deleted all but one of his photos from his survey, he was able to send it. Not sure if this is coincidence or not. 

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Hi James. I have forwarded this info to many users, but have been unable to get any of them to get this done. I'm still working on it. The problem still persists. In the meantime, has this problem been reported by other users outside of my organization? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Chris,

While we have worked with customers on issues with submitting data, it often turns out to be specific issues with forms or submission conditions.  I'd recommend filing a case with Technical Support to further attempt to narrow this down.

0 Kudos