Survey123 and ArcGIS Online Administrators

Jump to solution
05-29-2018 02:55 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi team

I have a question on the role of ArcGIS Online Administrators and how they can edit the following setting.

A Level 2 Publisher role creates a survey and others in the org. are required to view the responses. - If we visit survey123.esri.com

chose the survey

click collaborate

viewer and choose the appropriate group 

However if the publisher doesn't do this step. - How does an ArcGIS Online Admin do this task signed in as an admin.

Apart from changing the ownership to an admin - making the change - and changing the ownership back, is there another way to do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Moving the feature service may not be possible as there are views being generated off of them (at minimum, the views will need to go with the feature service).  

The preference would be to duplicate the process that Survey123's website does to create the view and relationship.  I've also recorded allowing admins or other users with appropriate permissions to modify the sharing settings as a potential enhancement.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi John,

Sharing the viewer role is technically possible by an administrator but would not be recommended, as it requires the creation of a view and then linking that view to the survey form (the latter does not have a graphical interface).

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi James

Thanks - so would you say the preference in order would be 

1 Getting the owner to edit the settings in the survey123 themselves

2  As an admin change the ownership, make the change and then change it back

Cheers

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Moving the feature service may not be possible as there are views being generated off of them (at minimum, the views will need to go with the feature service).  

The preference would be to duplicate the process that Survey123's website does to create the view and relationship.  I've also recorded allowing admins or other users with appropriate permissions to modify the sharing settings as a potential enhancement.