Survey123 adding basemaps from Portal

04-26-2019 06:48 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to add our "World Imagery (for export)"  from portal to survey123 but I can't get it to show. Maybe I set this JSON script up wrong? Does anyone have an example where you've got something to display from Portal? When I run the script in the JSON Formatter & Validator no errors are generated.

{
    "displayInfo": {
        "map": {
            "coordinateFormat": null,
            "defaultType": {
				"append": true,
                "includeLibrary": false,
				 "mapSources": [
                    {
						"name": "World Imagery",
						"url": "portalURL.net/hu/home/item.html?id=88af623317ff4e038b53e93f2c61287c",
						"storeInMapLibrary": false
                    }
                ]
            },			
            "home": {
                "latitude": 40.61491433394532,
                "longitude": -81.53769671459095,
                "zoomLevel": 18.52
            },
            "preview": {
                "coordinateFormat": null,
                "zoomLevel": 17.5
            }
        },
        "style": {
            "backgroundColor": null,
            "backgroundImage": null,
            "inputBackgroundColor": null,
            "inputTextColor": null,
            "textColor": null,
            "toolbarBackgroundColor": null,
            "toolbarTextColor": null
        }
    },
    "imagesInfo": {
        "captureResolution": 1280
    },
    "publishInfo": {
        "connectVersion": "3.4.29",
        "webFormTransform": true
    },
    "queryInfo": {
        "applySpatialFilter": true,
        "mode": "manual",
        "where": ""
    },
    "sentInfo": {
        "enabled": true
    },
    "serviceInfo": null
}

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jordan,

Survey123 supports services only, not web maps.  Click on the entry in 'Layers' and get the service URL - that will be what Survey123 expects.  See the example in Include a map in your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried all of this to get survey123 to recognize an offline basemap. I have a tpk file in the ..Surveys\Maps folder, in the survey's media folder, and referenced in the .info file (edited with Brackets). My basemap never shows up in the list of basemaps in Survey123 Connect settings for map. There is an old one there, but not the new one I'm trying to get it to recognize. This all seems to be a really cumbersome process. I've been through the 'prepare basemaps for offline use' document numerous times, all with the same results.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Pam,

Can you please share the tpk file you created and your xlsx file?

Are you using a custom tile schema, is does it match the Esri default? Survey123 does not currently support custom tile schemas.

We are currently working on a new feature enhancement that is currently in the early stage of development, which will allow using custom basemaps such as mmpk, vtpk, tpks and web maps in Survey123. Please keep an eye out for this update once it is available on EAC for early beta testing.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Phil - I've attached the xls and tpk files. I'm not sure what is all involved in default schema. I've followed the help instructions for creating the tpk (web mercator projection, etc.). I think there is something odd going on because I see 2 instances of the old basemap I was using listed in the available basemaps in Connect.

Looking forward to better basemap/web map functionality!

Thanks for your help.

Pam

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Philip, hope the documents came through OK and make sense. I'm beginning to think this is due to a bug or something.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pam,

The TPK you provided works as I would expect.  One thing to note is that it is the entry 'Layers' in the basemap gallery.  You mentioned there is an old entry listed - does it have the same name ('Layers')?  If so, can you see if it is in the Map Library (Settings > Storage > Map Library)?

0 Kudos