Survey123 3.15 apps - can no longer sign on

06-23-2022 06:59 AM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi.  We upgraded out Survey123 Connect and Survey123 Windows 10 apps this morning to version 3.15.  We cannot sign on now to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise.  Both apps were working as expected in version 3.14.  We are getting a "This site can't provide a secure connection" message.  What has changed and is this something on our (user) end to figure out?  We have saved our 3.14 versions and will re-install for now.  Thanks in advance.

Jay

6 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JayHodny

What type of authentication are you using with ArcGIS Online and Enterprise? Are you using Enterprise SAML log in's or built in ArcGIS authentication? Is both your ArcGIS Online and Enterprise orgs configured with the same identity provider (IDP)? 

If you try adding your Portal connection and select the option to use external browser for sign in does that work around the issue? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Zachary,  It's a bit outside of my wheelhouse on our setup.  We use enterprise log-ins via Active Directory, and our Server is federated with Portal.  We could sign into Survey123 through either AGOL or Portal from the apps start screen, with no issues prior to this upgrade.  We have reverted back to version 3.14 for now.  Please advise.  Thank you, Jay

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Jay, 

Thank you for providing this information! Survey123 is built on another Esri product (AppStudio) and one thing that did change between 3.14 and 3.15 is the version of AppStudio we are using. If you download an application called AppStudio Player the current version is 5.3 which matches the version of Survey123 3.14 are you able to log into Player 5.3? Tomorrow we will be releasing AppStudio Player 5.4 which matches the version of Survey123 3.15, if Player 5.3 works and Player 5.4 throws the same error that will help a lot with understanding the issue. 

Another thing that would be helpful is if you could capture a diagnostic log in 3.15 when the behavior is observed we can review that to see if there's anything that points to the cause of the issue. 

In the meantime I would also suggest creating a case with Esri Technical Support to better assist with troubleshooting the issue. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

Hi Zach,

I am a co-worker with Jay and am seeing the same issue with 3.15.  I tried logging in to our Enterprise portal and got the following error message when trying to add our Enterprise connection:

S123 Add Connection error.jpg

I tried both with and without using an external browser for sign in and got the same error.

And this is the error we get when trying to log in through ArcGIS Online:

S123 AGOL sign in error.jpg

We don't even get to the screen where it askes for our AGOL credentials.

I captured a log while trying to sign in to both AGOL and our Enterprise and have attached it to this message.  Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Brian_Laws

Typically the SSL handshake failed error is due to an untrusted certificate with the ArcGIS Enterprise environment. The ArcGIS Online error makes me think a proxy issue but since both environments work in 3.14 I want to hold off on going down those paths. 

If you test with AppStudio Player 5.3 and 5.4 is the same behavior observed? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

Hi Zach,

Currently I only see AppStudio Player 5.3 available to download and we are getting similar errors when trying to log into that:

For AGOL:

App Studio 5.3 AGOL.jpg

For our Enterprise URL it will not even recognize it as a valid URL, even though I quadruple checked that it is correct:

App Studio 5.3 Enterprise.jpg

Thank you,

Brian

EDIT: I saw that AppStudio 5.4 was available this morning so I installed it and tried it, got the same errors as above.

0 Kudos